Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Staggered Versus Non-Staggered Tuners

Originally posted by Darg1911 View Post
    How would you get significantly "airier" tone by removing a string tree? You still have string contact at the nut on open strings and the fret on fretted notes. Not trying to be argumentative but I see these comments all the time regarding the nut (nut materials) and, sometimes, the string tree and I just don't get it. Physics is all but lost on me so I guess I'm just missing something.
    Well, I'm not particularly learned in physics either.

Considering the lack of string tree: String behind the nut is the most vibrating part of the guitar outside the actual string lenght. Dividing the lenght in half string tree moves the resonance of that part of strings higher.

Without string tree I think it's feedbacking more of the vibration back to strings at lower frequency.
    "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
    Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

What the tree does is prevent the little bit past the nut from becoming overly sympathetic with the rest of the string.
      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
      Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Silence Kid View Post
        I have a Strat Deluxe with staggered lockers/LSR.
        I have a simular setup with rolling trees and no issues myself.

Comment

Working...
        X