MIM Strat Saddle Width?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIM Strat Saddle Width?

The saddles on my Standard Strat are cutting up my hand so I thought it would be better to replace them with these (https://reverb.com/item/10706145-hig...h-nickle-gloss). They are offered in multiple widths, so which, if any, would fit my Strat?

Re: MIM Strat Saddle Width?

is it the saddles cutting your hand or the adjustment screws?

Comment

The screws are. These saddles are specifically designed to prevent that. Plus the ones on the guitar are rusted somewhat from the previous owner.

Comment

The screws on my MIM Tele were doing that too. Callaham had short screws available. I’m sure they would have some for your Strat too.

Comment

Oh my they saw you coming

Shorter screws from the hardware store
          They are called Allen head set screws

$2 should cover it
          EHD
          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

-Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
            “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Does Guitar Center sell shorter screws? It seems like the type of thing that they would carry and is probably one of the few things I'd recommend from them if they do.
              You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
              Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
                Does Guitar Center sell shorter screws? It seems like the type of thing that they would carry and is probably one of the few things I'd recommend from them if they do.
                Guitar Center doesn't even have the springs that go under the trem bar.
                No idea there were even springs under there

I had that conversation

Even if they did carry it I doubt they would know it
                EHD
                Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

yeah. gc sucks for things like this unfortunately

Comment

I'd just like to point out that he mentioned that the saddles were staring to rust, which is a good reason to replace the saddles. Callaham has good saddles and they have specific replacements for MIM Strats.
                    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                    Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

I know they are narrower than the USA saddles...anyone know what they are?
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

they are narrower, or at least my mim bridge saddles are

Comment

I am so glad you started this thread. I saw an ad for these contoured saddles a couple weeks ago but couldn't remember who made them, what they were called, or where they were being sold and I've been searching for them ever since. Now I know.

Those Highwood contoured saddles are the best idea ever for Strat owners! In the past, I've had to cut each screw to the exact length that I needed for each specific saddle then file and smooth the tops of the screws so they wouldn't cut into my hand. What a tedious pain in the neck.
                          Originally Posted by IanBallard
                          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

I don't have any MIM saddles to measure, but the link I posted is for shorter saddle post.
                            -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
                            “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Working...
                            X