X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HSS guitar: new Ibanez dyna-MIX9 switching

THANKS! Looks/sounds like a plan.

One final question.

I want individual volume/tone controls; 1 set for the bridge and 1 set for the neck/middle combination.

Can that be done? I do have a few 500K dual gang pots laying around, if that helps.

Comment

The thing is, I've got this crazy notion that I want this in an HSS LP as well as an HH LP where I use the two coils of the neck humbucker as if it's two singlecoils. four pots, 1 push pull, 5 way blade and we're off. And yes, I have a 500K 4 pole pushpull pot

Comment

BUMP.

Is it possible to have this wiring with volumepots for mid+neck and bridge?

Comment

Originally posted by orpheo View Post
          BUMP.

Is it possible to have this wiring with volume pots for mid+neck and bridge?
          That would be really difficult, if not impossible, because the neck/middle are sometimes in series. That complicates things. Maybe one of the younger guru's will chime in.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
            That would be really difficult, if not impossible, because the neck/middle are sometimes in series. That complicates things. Maybe one of the younger guru's will chime in.
            why wouldn't it work if I run each hot signal from mid and neck through a pot first? I'm not seeing why that can't work but then again, I'm not that much of a wiring buff. I can think up crazy stuff but can't design it haha

Comment

Because the neck & middle "hots" go to different positions on the Superswitch. They need independent functionality for that switching scheme to work.

Comment

Originally posted by TUnger View Post

It works in the guitar I have put together.
                I have drawn the complete wiring diagram for those who are interested:
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]90588[/ATTACH]
                I have been looking for this scheme in many places, thank you very much!
                The scheme requires a 3PDT switch, but I am quite adamant to make another hole in the guitar shield to install a switch, I saw in this video the same system using a push-pull: (7) 9 TONES IN A STRATOCASTER GUITAR | dyna-MIX9 switching system w/Push Pull - YouTube
                I did not find a potenciometer with a push-pull 3PDT, only DPDT...
                how to use this scheme using a push-pull?

Comment

Originally posted by gregory View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]88101[/ATTACH]

- 5-Way Super Switch
                  - 3PDT toggle

Humbucker uses Duncan colors (black to hot, red/white for splitting, green and bare to ground)

Hot goes to your volume control. GND is ground.
                  ======================
                  Big thanks for this, I've completed the rewiring in a HSS guitar and it works great. cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by TUnger View Post

It works in the guitar I have put together.
                    I have drawn the complete wiring diagram for those who are interested:
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]90588[/ATTACH]
                    ===============================
                    Big thanks for this, I've completed the rewiring in a HSS guitar and it works great. cheers!

Comment

After success with rewiring the HSS AZ224 switching to another guitar (thanks to you guys!), did anyone work out the Ibanez H H AZ242 switching ?

Comment

Originally posted by orpheo View Post

why not this?

Schematic diagrams for Free-Way 5B5-01, 5B5-02 & 3B3-01 Blade switch models. Dimensional templates also provided.

the 2x5 way blade does just what you want, it solders easily, super sturdy mechanism, and no extra toggle you need to have. I know what I'd want on my HSS guitar.
                        These switches are great! They are super high quality.

I used the 3/6 way tele version in my strat.
                        N, n/b, b on bank 1​​​
                        b/m, m, b/m on bank 2.

Using 1 switch to access 10 different sounds on a strat or superstrat makes stage switching a breeze.

Comment

I wonder if someone could help me.
                          I want to remove completely the dyna switch as I dont use it at all but want that switch to rather split to the bridge coil and position 4 to be middle and bridge coil similar to a HSS strat. Those are the only combos I need. I hope the pic below helps. So bridge position switch down is humbucker, switch up is split to the coil nearest the humbucker. Position 4 is middle and humbucker bridge coil as per SSS.
                          many thanks everyone
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	761
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	6200260

Comment

Working...
                          X