A little friendly solo contest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A little friendly solo contest?

It'll take me at least to next week when I'm able to do any recording.
    "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
    Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

I don't really think that there's an official time limit 🤣

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah looks like the 'contest' part is sort of gone, so just post when you can! End of april/ early may I will make sure everyone who has submitted is in the original post and whatnot.
        TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

I am in the middle of tracking a new album so my time is super tight between now and 1 May, but I will see what I can do.
          Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

I am right in the middle of waiting for a new amp, replacing strings, and learning how to play ... so it may take me a while to get my submission in.
            I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
              I am right in the middle of waiting for a new amp, replacing strings, and learning how to play ... so it may take me a while to get my submission in.
              Might I suggest that you are paying WAY too much attention to itsy-bitsy details?
              Originally posted by The Commodores?
              "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

Well, I'm trying in vain to tolex the cab I just made.. (one failed attempt/wasted tolex under my belt already ) ..so I thought I'd take a break & give this a go instead

It's a cool backing track Kamanda ...pretty fun to solo over, though I ****ed up a bit here & there

All my axe's are setup for/tuned to Eb ...so I used my new Donner harmonizer pedal to match my tuning to the backing track (hopefully haha)...without actually messing with my setup. Played my Ibby S-540 LTD with my Biyang Metal End distortion box.

Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 04-14-2018, 01:06 AM. Reason: Put it up on Soundcloud
                "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

^ Good phrasing. All my axes are tuned to D... but I learned the notes :P
                  The things that you wanted
                  I bought them for you

Comment

Phantasmagoria - Good stuff!
                    Clint - Then pretend its in Bm for you! hah. Most of my guitars are in Eb but I figured standard would be the way to go.

I'm gunna whip something up this weekend for this as well.
                    TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
                      ^ Good phrasing. All my axes are tuned to D... but I learned the notes :P
                      Thanks! Yeah...I stated off thinking I'd have do that as well, but then the pitch-shifter came to mind. Worked like a charm

Originally posted by Kamanda~SD View Post
                      Phantasmagoria - Good stuff!
                      Clint - Then pretend its in Bm for you! hah. Most of my guitars are in Eb but I figured standard would be the way to go.

I'm gunna whip something up this weekend for this as well.
                      Thanks man..yeah it makes sense to have it in standard ....was'nt much of a problem anyway

& sweet..good luck with that
                      Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 04-13-2018, 09:08 AM.
                      "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                      If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

A Skynyrd-y, Swampy Rock version.

Comment

I'm totally not feeling it right at this moment, but I consider this post a commitment to get around to this.
                          Originally posted by King Buzzo
                          I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

I meant to put something together for this last weekend and totally forgot about it.

Comment

If I have time to concoct something, I will contribute.

Comment

Here's what I got together at the evening:

https://soundcloud.com/user-378960576/sd-solo-jacew
                                "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                                Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Working...
                                X