banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the name of that brand that does pedal sized amp heads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the name of that brand that does pedal sized amp heads?

I know there are plenty out there, but I'm thinking about this one brand that makes mini amps that could easily be mistaken for a pedal, in fact that's what I did the first time I saw it.

Re: What's the name of that brand that does pedal sized amp heads?

Hotone. For $100, she'll give up the goods.

Comment

I was thinking hotone, but the place I'm thinking of actually makes them into pedal enclosures.

Comment

Doesn't Z-Vex make something like that?

Comment

Ooh, Z-Vex looks cool, but I haven't heard of them before. Their vintage styled ring microphones look really cool.

Comment

SD. EHX. Quilter. Baroni. Diago and probably a dozen more I'm missing. I don't know of a company that makes a whole line of pedal sized amps but maybe there is one.

Comment

He's not asking about pedal sized amps, he's talking about amps that come in pedal shaped enclosures. Basically a power amp in a box. Maybe the Quilter Labs Micro Block 45 and EHX Magnum 44?
              Last edited by Chistopher; 03-17-2018, 12:49 PM.
              You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
              Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
                He's not asking about pedal sized amps, he's talking aboutaboitaps that come in pedal shaped enclosures. Basically a power amp in a box. Maybe the Quilter Labs Micro Block 45 and EHX Magnum 44?
                FWIW The thread title asks for pedal-sized amp *heads* - which doesn't sound like a power amp to me. Sounds like a normal guitar amp, no?

Comment

Comment

Well, there's the PowerStage 170. Ummm, who makes that? Oh yea, Seymour Duncan!

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
                      He's not asking about pedal sized amps, he's talking aboutaboitaps that come in pedal shaped enclosures. Basically a power amp in a box. Maybe the Quilter Labs Micro Block 45 and EHX Magnum 44?
                      Something like those two is what I want, but are there any options out there that offer more flexibility while maintaining a somewhat reasonable price?

Comment

Flexibility?

What about the Mooer Baby Bomb 30w, and their micro preamp pedals?

Two items rather than one, but they are tiny, and you can choose the preamp (or change it) to suit you.

Example:

A Blues Driver copy (I think) into a tiny AC30 copy.

Comment

Carvin has the Vai legacy in a pedal preamp head
                          EHD
                          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Taurus has quite long history with pedal board power amps.
                            "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                            Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainWhizz View Post
                              Two items rather than one, but they are tiny, and you can choose the preamp (or change it) to suit you.

Example:

A Blues Driver copy (I think) into a tiny AC30 copy.
                              Can you use the space in between the amps as a effects loop or does the power amp output at line level?
                              You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                              Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Working...
                              X