Where to buy cheap bulk strings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy cheap bulk strings?

So I'm still in highschool and don't have a steady source of income, on top of that the nearest guitar store is an hour away. What I'm wondering is where can I locate cheap, decent strings in bulk. I've seen D'addario has them for $100 for 25, but are there any better options out there? In order I'm looking for first low cost, second quality, and third, amount.

Re: Where to buy cheap bulk strings?

I buy some big sets on eBay. Haven’t bought any lately but I would always check there.
    ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
    2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
    Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

Lidl!
      I bought one box of 5 sets (10s) IIRC for about 10 EUR..... They were so good, next time I bought everything they had in stock.
      Last edited by greekdude; 03-21-2018, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Where are you located?
        TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Southern Maryland

Comment

Keep your eye on places like 'strings and beyond' and the such. Currenctly darco electrics are 2.89 a pack, but they do have sales and specials all the time.
            TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

A place like juststrings.com sells individual strings by the 12 pack. Starting at about 3 bucks for a dozen plain and up to maybe 9 bucks for a dozen wound. Probably end up costing about 35 bucks for a dozen complete sets of whatever gauges you choose. I haven't used their bulk strings so I don't know what they are like.

But you can get Dunlops for under $4 per set.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, are you breaking strings a lot? I'm assuming you're not a gigging musician, and probably a hobbyist like most of us. As such, most of us (hobbyists) also change strings WAY more often than is really necessary. If you're guitar is in good repair and setup properly, and you're using the appropriate gauge, you could probably use coated strings like D'Addario EXP or Elixir, and change them maybe 2 or 3 times a year.

If you are in fact breaking them, something is wrong.
                “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Actually I break them fairly rarely, it's just I'd rather have more than I need than not enough. I just don't want to be spending $6 in bulk.

Comment

The good thing about juststrings.com is that you can custom design your string sets by individual strings. The quality is good.
                    Originally Posted by IanBallard
                    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

pm me with your address
                      I wiill send you a box of GFS strings
                      cheap rascals showed up rusty right out of the package

they were twenty bucks for twelve sets

you can have them
                      EHD
                      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
                        Just out of curiosity, are you breaking strings a lot? I'm assuming you're not a gigging musician, and probably a hobbyist like most of us. As such, most of us (hobbyists) also change strings WAY more often than is really necessary. If you're guitar is in good repair and setup properly, and you're using the appropriate gauge, you could probably use coated strings like D'Addario EXP or Elixir, and change them maybe 2 or 3 times a year.

If you are in fact breaking them, something is wrong.
                        Are you insinuating something? I notice you mentioned the word 'hobbyist' two times in a row...lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post
                          Are you insinuating something? I notice you mentioned the word 'hobbyist' two times in a row...lol.
                          I prefer the term enthusiast,
                          Hobbist is just a slur used by the Man
                          EHD
                          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

for a while i was getting a box of 10 sets of daddario for a good price plus a free set of 3 from some website. worked out to like $3 a set including shipping. ill see if i can remember what it was, theyve done that deal a few times

Comment

Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post
                              I’m insinuating that most people on here do not play professionally, but rather as a, wait for it, hobby.
                              “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Working...
                              X