Who here has tried the "Greasebucket Mod"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who here has tried the "Greasebucket Mod"

I've heard a lot of people have had poor experiences with this mod (using a tone control to cut bass and treble at the same time, essentially stopping the guitar from sounding like a mumbling lardass when the tone is at lower settings), and I haven't been able to find any video clips of its use? Does anyone here have any sound bites of it being used back to back with a standard control?

Also, is it possible to use a different sized bass cap to make the effect more transparent and natural? I hear a lot of people don't like it because it is very different from a standard tone control.

Re: Who here has tried the "Greasebucket Mod"

Originally posted by '59 View Post
    I've heard a lot of people have had poor experiences with this mod (using a tone control to cut bass and treble at the same time, essentially stopping the guitar from sounding like a mumbling lardass when the tone is at lower settings), and I haven't been able to find any video clips of its use? Does anyone here have any sound bites of it being used back to back with a standard control?

Also, is it possible to use a different sized bass cap to make the effect more transparent and natural? I hear a lot of people don't like it because it is very different from a standard tone control.
    I’m one of those people who don’t like the Greasebucket. It removes that resonant hump (I.e., woman tone) you get when you turn the tone all the way off. It just reduces the top end.

Also without the special center tapped pot it’s hard to make one that works like the real thing.

If a regular tone control removes too much mids for you just use a smaller value cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
    X