• Show
Clear All

• New Pickup Legit?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180423_181906.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	5847759
    I ordered a SJB-2n and this is what I got. It reads 16.1 on my meter, so it is in the ballpark for one of those and obviously doesn't have the larger poles. Is the sticker at least legit for bass pickups? First time doing a bass upgrade for me.

Re: New Pickup Legit?

that looks like a hot jazz model. i dont know them well enough to know if its a fake but at first blush it looks legit, just not the qp jazz you wanted. ive used the hot jazz in the bridge and loved it, dont have much experience with it in the neck

Comment

It turns out that Epiphone used two bridge sized pickups on the Toby IV model, so I can't use it anyway. Unfortunately, the seller on Amazon also sent me the wrong pickup for the bridge, too. Now, I'm scrambling to get things resolved in time for my gig Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
        that looks like a hot jazz model. i dont know them well enough to know if its a fake but at first blush it looks legit, just not the qp jazz you wanted. ive used the hot jazz in the bridge and loved it, dont have much experience with it in the neck
        I'm pretty sure that's a QP neck model; the hot for jazz should be SJB-2N IIRC.
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
          I'm pretty sure that's a QP neck model; the hot for jazz should be SJB-2N IIRC.
          The box said SJB-2n, the sticker said SJB-3n

Either way, it went back and the seller got a one star for having issues with both items ordered. Meanwhile, there is pretty much nothing available locally and I'm going to have to pay for next day shipping on something now.

Comment

Working...
          X