banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do You "Stagger" Your Single Coiled Size Humbuckers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do You "Stagger" Your Single Coiled Size Humbuckers?

I was thinking of buying a set of GFS Little Killers for my Stratocaster project. They sell them in 3 versions, Modern (10k), Vintage (6k), and HOT (15k). I was wondering if any of you guys knew how best to stagger them.

I've heard many people say that it is best to put the coolest in the neck and hottest in the bridge. I've also heard to put the coolest in the middle and hottest in the bridge. What do you think?

Re: How Do You "Stagger" Your Single Coiled Size Humbuckers?

As a general rule, the closer you are to the bridge the hotter you would want your pickup to be in comparison to the others. This is because the string vibrates so much further as you get away from the bridge, giving a “louder signal“ above the neck pickup than at the bridge pickup.
    Originally posted by The Commodores?
    "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

Re: How Do You "Stagger" Your Single Coiled Size Humbuckers?

I do my SSS Strats with the coolest "cleanest" pickup in the middle, I've never tried it with humbuckers though.

Come to think of it, all my HHH setups are actually HSH, I keep a P90 in the middle. You might have a bit of luck with a Quarter Pound in the middle.
      Last edited by Chistopher; 04-26-2018, 05:58 PM.
      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
      Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Working...
      X