Diggin 1 meg volume for bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diggin 1 meg volume for bass

Finished up 2 years of fiddlin on my bass today. I've worked on the nut at least 3 times. Stock, then micarta, now brass which I like. Worked on the frets at least 3 times. First to level, then needed to put fallaway in, then had to sand off sprouts and round the ends. Fiddled with strings a lot and settled on Daddario pro steels balanced tension 45,60,80,110 in D standard. Today I finalized the controls: 1 meg linear volume and 250k linear no load tone with a 22nf paper in oil cap. 1 meg sounds awesome for bass. It lets the full detail of the string come thru. It has the Steve Harris pickup.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bass.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	5847865
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Re: Diggin 1 meg volume for bass

Really dislike it when bass comes across too spiky or scratchy, so I feel like 1 meg would be wasted on me. I play with controls a lot when I play bass. My philosophy with guitar is to use a higher value pot and roll back as well, but on guitar I find myself more often on ten or at least utilizing the entire 1 meg sweep, rather than just staying around half on a 250k like I am on bass.
    Originally posted by King Buzzo
    I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

Re: Diggin 1 meg volume for bass

I used to play bass with my tone all the way down then I started liking it spiky. It's not overkill tho because it's a bass and 1 meg doesn't make it shrill like it would on a single coil guitar.
      The things that you wanted
      I bought them for you

Comment

Working...
      X