Unoriented Alnico 5 59/C Bridge in a Strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unoriented Alnico 5 59/C Bridge in a Strat

I started another thread about this pickup being paired with a A3 (or maybe A4) PGn, and also a thread about if those mag swaps were a good match for a PGn.

I wanted to know if any of you guys had any experience with a UOA5 in a 59/C. How does it sound in a Fender? Do you have any other magnets that might pair better with the modded Pearly Gates.

I'm thinking either A3n/UOA5b or A4s for both.
    Last edited by '59; 05-21-2018, 10:32 AM.

Re: Unoriented Alnico 5 59/C Bridge in a Strat

Have you tried it without switching magnets?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, the A5 was too bright and an A2 doesn't have quite the bass I'm looking for. The mids were to thin in the A5, but the A2 has the right idea.

Comment

I have one with a RC A5, and I like that a lot. I also like it with the regular polished A5 in a Fender.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

A IV might be what your looking for.

Comment

A4 in the bridge has well defined everything without ice pick. UOA5 and A3 are great in the neck.
            The things that you wanted
            I bought them for you

Comment

I myself have tried an A4 PGn. I remember liking it, but I can't remember the specifics. So I'd say your twin A4 idea might be a cool concept. The A4 is a fairly balanced magnet and can sound bland if the wind of the pickup isn't too interesting. But given you are planning on using it in a hybrid, you will likely have good results.
              You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
              Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

I found that the original most common magnets used in the homemade 59/C's were either an A2 or A4 depending on taste, so I assume someone can tell me what they sound like?

It would be easiest for me if you could describe them in a way similar to some tracks I might know. I'm looking for a good classic rock tone.

Comment

Working...
                X