Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: $900 Dollar Tube Screamer

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
    Out of a gazillion klon copies on the market, at least some of them have to sound as good or better than the original,,,surely. (?)
    Out of a gazillion ’59 Les Paul copies on the market, at least some of them have to sound as good or better than the original,,,surely. (?)

Out of a gazillion 1967 Plexi copies on the market, at least some of them have to sound as good or better than the original,,,surely. (?)
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

It's just a lot to pay for nostalgia IMO.

I guess it's easier for me to see the "collector's value" in old/unique/special guitars as opposed to pedals, amps, or electronics in general.
      Value is in the eye of the beholder I guess, and there might well be someone out there willing to pay 5-10x what the original price was or even the modern equivalent amount.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
        It's just a lot to pay for nostalgia IMO.

I guess it's easier for me to see the "collector's value" in old/unique/special guitars as opposed to pedals, amps, or electronics in general.
        Value is in the eye of the beholder I guess, and there might well be someone out there willing to pay 5-10x what the original price was or even the modern equivalent amount.
        I understand, but there is something there. As I mentioned in the last Klon thread, Ibanez/Maxon made more TS9s in one quarter of 1982 than Bill made Klons total. There were less than 2000 Klons made ever. This Ibanez is ridiculous because of how many there are (even of this vintage).
        Last edited by PFDarkside; 06-06-2018, 08:18 AM.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Save your bucks. Any pre-2004 Ibanez TS808 reissue will give you the same sound.

Comment

Originally posted by 67Mopar View Post
            Save your bucks. Any pre-2004 Ibanez TS808 reissue will give you the same sound.
            That's the point.
            You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
            Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
              That's the point.
              Not really... There are those would pay that much for that particular pedal, even with the mods. That type of mod (if done properly) is quite benign, and can be easily reversed.

Comment

Originally posted by 67Mopar View Post
                Not really... There are those would pay that much for that particular pedal, even with the mods. That type of mod (if done properly) is quite benign, and can be easily reversed.
                No, I meant that the point of this thread was to point out how stupid the asking price is.
                You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
                  No, I meant that the point of this thread was to point out how stupid the asking price is.
                  The seller is just being a good businessman. I once sold a gold KLON for $1600.00 plus shipping cost to France. This was at a time when you could regularly purchase a KLON for $450.00 on eBay. I made a $1200.00 profit on that one sale! If there was a stupid party involved in this transaction, it was truly the buyer.

Comment

Working...
                  X