Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to Spice Up A Christian Rock Set

Go to YouTube.

Search (song name) electric guitar tutorial.
    Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
    Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Pillar is my favorite Christian band. You could always add a couple of their songs to the set.

[

Comment

Comment

Not trying to be rude but at the end of the day what you're doing is a worship service and the primary target is not the music or the band but the inspiration and feel for the love Christ. If it's a church picnic, a church fund raiser etc. Rock on!.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikesr1963 View Post
            Not trying to be rude but at the end of the day what you're doing is a worship service and the primary target is not the music or the band but the inspiration and feel for the love Christ. If it's a church picnic, a church fund raiser etc. Rock on!.
            Yeah, but I don't want to impede their worship by having them notice that my playing style doesn't fit the genre. CCM is so "formulaic", if I'm using that word properly, theres very few space for improvisation and I can't really shine. I can easily do blues psychedelic versions of these songs on my lonesome, but it doesn't fit the rest of the band.

If Bob Dylan made Christian music, I could rock that. If Van Halen made Christian music, I'd be all over it.

Funny you were saying about a church fund raiser, we were just doing one and we got to play "All The Small Things" by Blink 182, and our lead guy put a solo in it that sounded much better than anything DeLonge could have done.

Comment

Originally posted by '59 View Post
              Yeah, but I don't want to impede their worship by having them notice that my playing style doesn't fit the genre. CCM is so "formulaic", if I'm using that word properly, theres very few space for improvisation and I can't really shine. I can easily do blues psychedelic versions of these songs on my lonesome, but it doesn't fit the rest of the band.

If Bob Dylan made Christian music, I could rock that.
              Dylan *did* make Christian music. Late 70's, early 80's- check out the albums Slow Train Coming, Saved, Shot of Love, Infidels, and his box set, The Bootleg Series Vol 13: Trouble No More.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                Dylan *did* make Christian music. Late 70's, early 80's- check out the albums Slow Train Coming, Saved, Shot of Love, Infidels, and his box set, The Bootleg Series Vol 13: Trouble No More.
                Yep and so did Clapton in his Blind faith days. Played this one a few times live.
                Guitars
                Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by '59 View Post

If Bob Dylan made Christian music, I could rock that. If Van Halen made Christian music, I'd be all over it.

Funny you were saying about a church fund raiser, we were just doing one and we got to play "All The Small Things" by Blink 182, and our lead guy put a solo in it that sounded much better than anything DeLonge could have done.
                  You haven't listened to some of the melodic METAL stuff for example that is explicit Christian out there right now evidently!!
                  Bands like Harmony, Theocracy and believe it or not WASP is now in this camp as is Revolution Saints With Deen castrnovo, Jack Blades and Doug Aldridge!!
                  Here is one for you from Theocracy that s truly a worship song. These guys flat RIP and the lyrics leave no doubt what they are about.
                  Last edited by Ascension; 06-22-2018, 06:36 PM.
                  Guitars
                  Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                  Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Here is a little Revolution Saints with FREEDOM!
                    Guitars

Comment

WASP Golgotha
                      Guitars

Comment

Christian music is pretty diverse now days.
                        Played this one a number of times on a Sunday morning in a worship service and yes we included the guitar solo!
                        Guitars

Comment

I remember Rick Pino from back in the day at Christ for the Nations. He did a great male back-up vocal to Kari Jobe on CFNIs (the original) version of "Revelation Song".

I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Now I'm just trailing way off topic. I love this group's ministry, and I love this song, and I love the drummer's take on this ... what I call a very vertical style of drumming ,,, love it.

Last edited by Lazarus1140; 06-30-2018, 01:45 PM.
                            I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

How to Spice Up A Christian Rock Set - Get Rob Rock on vocals?

Comment

Thanks for your input mate. Really appreciate your effort.

Comment

Working...
                                X