Meguiars Scratch-X... wow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiars Scratch-X... wow!

Poly finished guitar, about 2 minutes of work with a microfiber cloth and Scratch-X.

Not the exact same angle, but still!
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Re: Meguiars Scratch-X... wow!

Sweet..I wonder if some toothpaste and some hard polishing would not have achieved the same results for less $?
    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

It's good but not better than buffing compound/polish.

Smells nice.
      Originally posted by King Buzzo
      I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

Don’t forget that this stuff takes off clear coat from your car, along with the scratches. I know that’s less of an issue with guitars, but if your car has two stage paint this stuff has to be used wisely.

Comment

Wow, that is actually really impressive.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
            Sweet..I wonder if some toothpaste and some hard polishing would not have achieved the same results for less $?
            Maybe. It’s only like $6 though.
            Originally posted by Silence Kid View Post
            It's good but not better than buffing compound/polish.

Smells nice.
            Not as strong as rubbing compound. I’ll follow with Swirl Remover.
            Originally posted by mojosman View Post
            Don’t forget that this stuff takes off clear coat from your car, along with the scratches. I know that’s less of an issue with guitars, but if your car has two stage paint this stuff has to be used wisely.
            Kind of, really it’s knocking the edges off the scratch. You can still see them but they aren’t grabbing the light and glinting like they did before. It’s true that it’s more aggressive than a lighter polish though. This one is the worst of my guitars. The other that need polishing will just get Swirl Remover.
            Originally posted by Mincer View Post
            Wow, that is actually really impressive.
            Yep! I got a good deal on this guitar, most of the scratches were there when I got it. I wonder what the previous owner was wearing while playing?
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Yup, the compounds used by Meguires these days are the best ever. They really work like magic and they are not harsh, even on a lacquer finish.

Comment

You can try Meguiars ultimate compound it looks like scratches are a little deep if that wont help try 3000 grit sanding and then compound.
                Car Detailing Toronto offering Best Auto Detailing & Professional Ceramic Coating, Paint Correction, PPF Paint Protection Film in Greater Toronto.
                https://www.avantadigital.com

Comment

I know it's spelled differently, but I've always thought it would be funny if they had Mark Mcgwire endorse a product and call it simply; "The Juice".
                  Bonds could have one too called "Formula 73".
                  Last edited by dave74; 06-20-2018, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Cool have you ever tried 3M Surface Prep?
                    My Bands -
                    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                    GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
                      Cool have you ever tried 3M Surface Prep?
                      No, I’ve always used Meguiars since I got into auto detailing.
                      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                        I wonder what the previous owner was wearing while playing?
                        Black guitar with active pups? Probably a Black Metal guitarist wearing studded wristbands...
                        Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Originally posted by Synapsys View Post
                          Black guitar with active pups? Probably a Black Metal guitarist wearing studded wristbands...
                          Haha! I pulled the original Duncan Designed pickups and installed the Blackouts.
                          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Ooops, my bad!

Still, probably the previous owner wore studded wristbands...
                            Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Working...
                            X