banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spontaneous Warmoth Build...Something A Bit Different!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spontaneous Warmoth Build...Something A Bit Different!

Originally posted by muttznmongrelz View Post
    Definitley a different combination of features; like the Warhead Headstock Maple Board and S/S/S with Floyd Set Up. Look forward to seeing it progress.

Ironically; I have been tempted to pick up a similar Warmoth Build that's been decorating the walls at one of the local shops for a while now as I thought it an unusual take on a Strat/Tele Combo.
    This blue one is Schmexy!!!
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
      Weren’t there some Charvels with an interesting pickguard shape?
      Charvel Spectrum

Great deals on Electric Guitars. It's a great time to upgrade your home music studio gear with the largest selection at eBay.com. Fast & Free shipping on many items!

Great deals on Electric Guitars. It's a great time to upgrade your home music studio gear with the largest selection at eBay.com. Fast & Free shipping on many items!

Posted both for ACEMAN... Example of Japanese sellers listing the same guitar at 2 entirely diff prices... Cant figure why ebay doesnt shut em down
      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Nice reference with the Charvel! I photoshopped something similar and it didn't quite look right...the Tele control plate changes the look/lines

I'm just getting the final parts in for it, but the build is definitely a priority

Still need to work out getting the custom pickguard done, though...
        Last edited by Masta' C; 07-27-2018, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
          Charvel Spectrum

Posted both for ACEMAN... Example of Japanese sellers listing the same guitar at 2 entirely diff prices... Cant figure why ebay doesnt shut em down
          I have one of those aiiiiiiiiiiiiiii. Sadly some clown head routed it out for HSS.

Comment

#lifehappens, but this project is officially back on the bench!

Bridge, control plate, pots, and strap buttons are installed, but I ran into a small issue with the last batch of Tru-Oil I used to finish the neck, so I'm in the process of sanding it down slightly and applying some fresh coats.

Also, I just finished drafting up a proper outline for the custom pickguard. Now I just have to figure out how to get it made!

Concept:

Comment

Happy that this project is back, and looking great!
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
                #lifehappens, but this project is officially back on the bench!

Bridge, control plate, pots, and strap buttons are installed, but I ran into a small issue with the last batch of Tru-Oil I used to finish the neck, so I'm in the process of sanding it down slightly and applying some fresh coats.

Also, I just finished drafting up a proper outline for the custom pickguard. Now I just have to figure out how to get it made!

Concept:

YESS That looks super-cool! better than the tele PG.

Comment

Get a cheap band saw. That will rough cut the pick guard then use a drill and small jewelers saw for the holes. A nice scroll saw works good too. Then get a nice scraper blade from stew-Mac and smooth the edges and get the bevel right. Leave a little extra at the edges at first to play with. It takes a bit of work but it’s better than paying someone to make it full custom and the tools are useful to have.

Comment

A little bit Elliot Easton, a little bit Jeff Beck and a little bit Fender '51. Unique and way cool with the SSS set up. Will look forward to seeing it completed.
                    Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 03-18-2020, 11:43 AM.
                    MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
                    1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                    1988 Kramer Nightswan
                    1989 Charvel Sambora
                    2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
                    Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
                    Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Comment

I do like your custom PG design, but I have to admit that I like the Tele style better on your guitar. Makes it look more custom hybrid rather than cheap-China-Strat-wanna-be.
                      Originally Posted by IanBallard
                      Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
                        ...cheap-China-Strat-wanna-be.
                        Ouch! But thank you for your input.

Another option I had originally considered was using the stock Tele guard and creating an oversized chrome "pickup ring" that would fill in the space between the Floyd and the pickguard to mimic the large, rectangular bridge plate of the regular Tele.

However, I think that way is a bit less flattering overall...too bulky and distracting. Here's a visual mock-up with the Tele PG and a custom pickup plate (excuse my crappy photoshop skills):

I think I like the fully custom PG a lot better. Thoughts?

Comment

Concept:

My two cents; this looks boutique and retro while channeling the Kramer E.E. Pro I, Jeff Beck's Charvel Spectrum and the more recent Fender Pawn Shop '51.
                          Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 03-18-2020, 11:56 AM.
                          MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
                          1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                          1988 Kramer Nightswan
                          1989 Charvel Sambora
                          2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
                          Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
                          Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Comment

Both designs have their charms, but I'd lean towards the Tele pickguard if you're using a bridge humbucker and the new pickguard if you're using a single coil.
                            You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                            Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by muttznmongrelz View Post
                              My two cents; this looks boutique and retro while channeling the Kramer E.E. Pro I, Jeff Beck's Charvel Spectrum and the more recent Fender Pawn Shop '51.
                              I appreciate that. I think you totally get it

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
                              Both designs have their charms, but I'd lean towards the Tele pickguard if you're using a bridge humbucker and the new pickguard if you're using a single coil.
                              Definitely sticking with a single coil in the bridge spot.

In fact, I'm going to go with white singles in the neck and middle with a black single in the bridge spot as a subtle homage to the old-school Yamaha Pacificas

Comment

I still like the Tele guard but without the chrome ring on the bridge pup.
                                Originally Posted by IanBallard
                                Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
                                X