banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seymour Duncan Duality Versus EMG Fat 55, Super 77, Hot 70, Etc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour Duncan Duality Versus EMG Fat 55, Super 77, Hot 70, Etc?

I was wondering if any of you fellas had experience with one of these sets, or pickups that fall under the actives pretending to be passive category. How well do these sets mix and match as well? I've also tried Fishman Fluence pickups, but they don't lose too much value used, so they don't fall into my price range. I'm looking for something that can do almost everything between the 50s and the late 80s.

This is going into an HH Firebird.

Re: Seymour Duncan Duality Versus EMG Fat 55, Super 77, Hot 70, Etc?

Anybody?

Comment

Seems like people had more to say about these pickups before they were actually out and available for purchase.
      Originally posted by King Buzzo
      I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

You know, I was just looking at the Hot 70 neck/ Fat 55 bridge combo myself. I'd love to hear more about them.
        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
        Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

I thought there were some threads on here a few years ago when they were released? Perhaps not...and there isnt likely going to be alot written however, there are youtube videos on them to get a better idea than words on a screen.
          I was running an emg in everything up until recently but i never really looked at those models admittedly because they werent what I was looking for personally but they do have a different flavor of tone that might appeal to guys still wanting to stay with actives. Funny cause i just changed my sig line, which is happenstance and has nothing to do with your post
          Last edited by metalchurch79; 06-26-2018, 11:29 PM.
          87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

Still have them in that guitar. They sound really good, and they feel good when I play ‘em. They definitely fit Marshall style amps best IMO, and are somewhat scooped and loose in the bass. They don’t have that «EMG mid-range» that you can spot sometimes, that sounds good with metal. These are more «dirty», grungy, groovy and dare I say, more «vintage» sounding. And they sound kind of thick and meaty, not bright and lean. Perfect for anything rock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by '59 View Post
              I was wondering if any of you fellas had experience with one of these sets, or pickups that fall under the actives pretending to be passive category. How well do these sets mix and match as well? I've also tried Fishman Fluence pickups, but they don't lose too much value used, so they don't fall into my price range. I'm looking for something that can do almost everything between the 50s and the late 80s.

This is going into an HH Firebird.
              I have a set of super 77 on an lespaul standard
              And they sound good .
              Just got a pair of diualety but haven't been Abel
              To set them up can't find wiring diagram for super blad 5

Comment

Originally posted by lust667 View Post
                I have a set of super 77 on an lespaul standard
                And they sound good .
                Just got a pair of diualety but haven't been Abel
                To set them up can't find wiring diagram for super blad 5
                You have to decide what you want the super switch to actually do.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I had the FAT 55 set in an ec1000fr. I found them to be pretty good but far preferred the JB/59 combo in my other ec1000 (non floyd).
                  That said, they were nice pups with a smooth top end but I did not spend that much time playing them as I disliked having the floyd on the guitar as it just felt awkward to me.

Comment

Working...
                  X