Has the Bogner La Grange changed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has the Bogner La Grange changed?

I just received my Bogner La Grange, but it sounds different from the first one that I had? The low gain setting has more gain, the switches are much stiffer, and there is no difference between the center "structure" setting and the left side setting. WTF is going on here? There were clear differences in all three structure setting on the first one I owned. The low gain setting was perfect, now it's completely f--ked! Has anyone else noticed these differences? This is the 3rd La Grange pedal I've been through, each with it's own unique brand of f--kedupedness. I know Bogner isn't actually making these, but what's the deal with the inconsistency?

Re: Has the Bogner La Grange changed?

Everyone's Bogner is going to be different, and over the years I have noticed my Bogner getting softer, it is also normal for you to notice less difference between the "structure settings", as you call them, then when you were young.

But I'll admit, it is a bit off that you notice stronger drive and more stiffness in your unit. Usually with us men it's just the opposite.

In all seriousness, the switches are probably stiff because they haven't been worn in yet. Was your previous La Grange bought second hand? If so, it might have been modded by the previous owner.
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Well....maybe they are doing the usual downgrade after the initial success?
      Not that their pedal stuff ever was that very reliable to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
        Everyone's Bogner is going to be different, and over the years I have noticed my Bogner getting softer, it is also normal for you to notice less difference between the "structure settings", as you call them, then when you were young.

But I'll admit, it is a bit off that you notice stronger drive and more stiffness in your unit. Usually with us men it's just the opposite.

In all seriousness, the switches are probably stiff because they haven't been worn in yet. Was your previous La Grange bought second hand? If so, it might have been modded by the previous owner.
        The original was sold to me as "new", but was obviously not. Had it not popped so badly when switched, I would have held onto it. This one sounds much harsher, nowhere near as good as the first one. I'll just keep trying until I find one that sounds as good as the first, but without the switch popping issue.

Comment

If they are true bypass, chances are they will pop when you switch them.

Maybe you should check out some Carl Martin stuff, I hear they have a great designer ;-)

Comment

Well the guys I know there do not design much these days, I don't make anything for them either, have not worked there for four years
            Last edited by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon; 07-08-2018, 03:22 AM.

Comment

Didn't realize you weren't still doing stuff for them. So, what are they doing now?

Comment

Not much, everything takes ages these days.
                Funny enough my mates lifted an old pt-eq project out of the dustbin the other day, we on the other hand still dabble with stuff to amuse ourselves...and that thing predates some buggered company called Vertex "mod" by some considerable time.....
                Took it home and thought that the irony was tangible....sitting here with a Plexitone with a built in 3 band eq and running on 9v....

But it was not meant to be.....and we had a ton of ideas, lots of stuff that is popular today or considered hip or what ever
                Just because we where driven by the fun factor of it all....but again...it was not meant to be.
                Dunno it bugs me alittle sometimes, but cannot let it get me down, because we are still having fun, even sold a few things to people...

Guess the timing was just off, also some personal differences did not help that much, but it was fun almost 14 years, loved doing projects with my co workers....all kinds of crazy stuff was created...and later dismantled and forgotten, or hidden away for a rainy day.
                These days I am even giving up on repairing guitars and pedals, the music business is dwindling fast here!
                There is nothing left but the last desperate attempts of hanging in by the nails.....but that German POS has killed everything here, no wonder though...everybody was fast asleep in a woolen cocoon.
                So it was easy to get a monopoly up and running, and customers (peabrained as they are...sorry) seems to love this kind of business.

But from all that a niche market for odd stuff has arisen....so who knows??

Comment

Working...
                X