Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverb Or Delay?

Which do you prefer and why?

I'm looking to get either a EHX Canyon Delay or Ocean 11 Reverb, but can only afford one.

Re: Reverb Or Delay?

I believe there is a use for both, so I'd flip a coin for which I'd buy first.
    Originally posted by '59 View Post
    Which do you prefer and why?

I'm looking to get either a EHX Canyon Delay or Ocean 11 Reverb, but can only afford one.
    Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

Comment

I use both but if I have to choose, always delay. IMHO it gives ambience but doesn’t create the mush you sometimes get with verb.

Check the Zoom CDR MS-70. Maybe you can afford both

Comment

I haven't gotten a chance to use the Ocean 11, but the Canyon has a setting that includes a bit of reverb. I'd say go for the Canyon. You're also more likely to find it cheaper on the used market as the 11 just came out.
        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
        Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Reverb with clean and crunch. Delay, albeit a short one, for full blown distorted stop and chop.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Delay for me but my Neunaber does both admittedly am looking for a dedicated delay pedal
            Guitars:
            Daemoness Atlantean (unknown Bareknuckles) D
            PRS SE Mark Holcomb (Alpha/Omega set) Drop C
            ESP LTD EC-1000 FR (EMG Het Set) D
            Jackson USA WR1 Absinthe Frost (EMG 81/85) D
            Ibanez MMM1 (Blackouts) Drop A
            Ibanez RGIT20FE-SBF (Loomis Blackout Neck/Mick Thomson Blackout Bridge) Drop C
            Ibanez SZ320 (ibanez/duncan pickups) Drop D
            Schecter Synyster Gates Custom (Invaders set) D
            Aristides 060 (Bareknuckle Aristides Customs) D

Comment

I like both at the same time, and sometimes just delay, or sometimes just reverb, or sometimes it just depends.

If I had to live on an island with just one pedal, I’ll take a delay, because I can make reverb with that. The island would need frozen drinks.

Can I take my Visual Sound H2O. I get chorus with that on the island. Is that allowed?

Comment

My Line 6 Spidervalve HDII has given me a plateful of delay and modulation effects to play with. With deep editing.
                I'm slowly figuring it out.
                But it's worth it.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

I use both. If I had to choose, I'd use reverb, though.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Reverb. I like delays but I use reverb more often and for a larger variety of different things/tones.

Comment

I'm toying with getting one of these, although I'd prefer the V1 because of its slightly smaller footprint. I've always preferred delay to reverb, but find myself wishing I had a reverb option too.

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Originally posted by stevie_bees View Post
                        I'm toying with getting one of these, although I'd prefer the V1 because of its slightly smaller footprint. I've always preferred delay to reverb, but find myself wishing I had a reverb option too.
                        Only problem with the V1 was that the controls were crammed together and it had those small, knurled pot shafts. Not really a problem if you stick with settings that you like. The V2 pots are pretty cramped as well but the knobs are full size.

I don't own either. I just have an Earthquaker Dispatch Master . Only a single footswitch so it's either reverb or delay or a mix. Or, knob fiddling.

Comment

Most of my amps have Spring Reverb (and I always like a touch of it on for liveliness) so I choose delay as an effect.
                          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Live, delay.

Typically you'll have plenty of natural reverb (good or bad) at the venue; any more reverb than that and you'll wash your tone out and sound undefined and hard to hear to the audience.

Studio, anything goes. Plate reverb, echo chamber, tape delay, analog delay, digital delay, etc... whatever works.

In particular, I'm a huge fan of EMT140 plate and Echoplex delay types.

Comment

Working...
                            X