Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reverb Or Delay?

Originally posted by stevie_bees View Post

The Keeley Caverns arrived and has been put on my mini board. Unfortunately due to life getting in the way I haven’t had chance to use it at the regular jam night, but I have used it through AmpliTube on my iPad. It’s very flexible and cool sounding giving everything from classic spring reverb and slapback delay to great ambient washes. I recorded a brief snippet of In The Air Tonight with 3 guitar parts using the different reverbs and delays, and it sounds really cool!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    That's a nice looking board ya got there, host. I could play happily the entire rest of my life with just those pedals, if I had to.
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
      That's a nice looking board ya got there, host. I could play happily the entire rest of my life with just those pedals, if I had to.
      I've been using this board exclusively for about 18 months now, by big board hasn't had a look in. In fact I'm making changes to that board whilst I don't desperately need it.

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Originally posted by Van Noord View Post
        Well this pedal was a disappointment unfortunately.
        It says it's a hall effect, but it's more like a very intense plate reverb mixed with a vintage sounding echo. Even the lowest setting is too much. An ambient player might like it, but not my thing. So I will be shopping for a new cost effective Reverb pedal.
        Edit/Update:

I must have tried this pedal too quickly and only in front of an amp where it really sounded weird.

I put it through the effects Loop of my MT15 last night and it sounds fine. Just like the video I saw beforehand.

Moderate reverb with increased trail/decay time as the knob is increased. Worth the $30.
        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

Delay for me. I'm always playing with a band/live a reverb always seems mushy.

Comment

I use both. Reverb is important my with my leads because a lot of the rooms I play can be very dead sounding. Curtains, bodies and carpets (especially carpeted walls) can really rob tone of depth. Echo I use sparingly but when I do I always focus on the harmonic aspect of the effect. A lot of people look at the liner aspect of echo (time) and ignore or simply do not think about the harmonic aspect of the tool. If you play a note and it comes back over the next note you are playing what are you building harmoniclly? Whe the third note comes back with the second note you now have a triad. What chord did you just build? Does it fit over or in the chord currentlly being played in the arrangement? For this reason I typically try to play over the changes when using echo. Not a hard and fast rule but one I try to stay aware of.

Comment

I've been using two reverbs as of late.
              On my Digiverb I'm using the Plate and Gated reverb settings.
              Then when I want more of a reverb trail, I turn on my KoKo Space reverb pedal over top of the Digiverb. Sounds great.
              Last edited by Van Noord; 09-08-2018, 08:27 PM.
              ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
              ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
              ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

If i can only afford one . . . i would get a pedal that can do both.

On a shoe-string budget . . . my Boss RE-20 comes to mind.
                Delay & Reverb all in one very usable pedal.
                GREAT pedal for the price (talking 2nd hand here off course)

MANY other pedals have delay and reverb all wrapped up in one unit :

* Keeley Caverns
                * Keeley Delay Workstation
                * Eventide Space
                * EarthQuaker Devices Disaster Transport Sr
                * Carl Martin Delayla XL
                * Strymon ElCap
                * VHT Echo-Verb

. . . and, and, and.
                Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

I like this for budget
                  Not quite delay or reverb
                  Mugig Electric Effects Pedal, Bass Guitar Effects Pedal, Multi-effects Pedal, Multieffects Processors with 9 Types True Bypass for Electric Guitar/Bass(Digital) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0785FX6N8..._UdZLBbPP1B8NK

The Snake Bite looks cool
                  Caline USA Digital Delay Guitar Effect Pedal with Four Modes (CP-26) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SV12BO8..._VgZLBbJB05Q5Q

This is the one I have
                  Biyang Rv-10 3-mode Stereo Reverb Guitar Effects Pedal Stereo-designed TRI Reverb https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004PVVP6I..._EkZLBb24M3NPH

ammoon POCKVERB Reverb & Delay Guitar Effect Pedal 7 Reverb Effects + 7 Delay Effects With Tap Tempo Function True Bypass https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F42QQX1..._EnZLBb9EGAXW5
                  Last edited by ehdwuld; 09-10-2018, 09:26 PM.
                  EHD
                  Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                  RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                  SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                  Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                  Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                  Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                  Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                  GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
                  X