Bass CAB IRs ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bass CAB IRs ?

I have been doing some home recording again, I am happy with my guitar sounds so far now I need to try to improve the bass sound. I have been using the SansAmp Bass DI v2 and it is way better than the amp sim I was using before however I wonder if using a Bass Cab IR could improve it a bit. Anyone here using Bass Cab IRs ? Has that helped to improve your bass sound in your home recordings? Anything you suggest?
    Who took my guitar?

Re: Bass CAB IRs ?

Hi,
    I recently began using a Hotone Xtomp as a bass preamp...set as an SVT. Sounds pretty good through an active p.a. speaker 15" with horn as a live 300 watt bass rig.
    The Hotone also has approx 8 bass cab emulations that I will probably use in the studio, though the preamp out is an excellent DI. The SVT 8x10 cab sounds pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Finally I decided to get a bass cab IR, an Aguilar 1x15 from RedWirez. My previous sound was ok but now with the cab IR it sounds more beefy.
      Who took my guitar?

Comment

Found a few freebies online.

Look out for the file extensions marked "(dot) ewav". They won't load in regular IR hosts.
        Still a good amount of them here.
        sigpic
        "Add about a half-a-teacup o' bass...."
        --'King' Curtis Ousley

Visit me on Facebook
        Originally posted by Lewguitar
        In our heart of hearts we're love. That's who we really are.

Comment

I use the SVT 8x10 from Redwirez, and also the stock IRs in my Fractal AX8. I think the Redwirez one is really good.

Comment

Originally posted by Coryd View Post
            I use the SVT 8x10 from Redwirez, and also the stock IRs in my Fractal AX8. I think the Redwirez one is really good.
            I have tried that too, it really makes the bass to be heard much better in the mix but of course it has a bit less bottom end punch.
            Who took my guitar?

Comment

I love using a Tech21 Sansamp Bass Driver pedal's DI into a pre with good headroom.
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Dunno if this will help or mean anything to you (I'm not a bass guy) but I just received this (like minutes ago) in my Inbox from Celestion (Celestion Bass IRs):

https://www.celestionplus.com/produc...rs-by-speaker/

Comment

Working...
                X