$35 eBay Guitar Madness set vs SD Hot Rodded set video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $35 eBay Guitar Madness set vs SD Hot Rodded set video

Hey guys, just made a video comparison of a $35 Guitar Madness Hot Rod set against a Seymour Duncan Jazz/JB set. I was actually really impressed by the Guitar Madness set. They were pretty close in sound to the SD set, just maybe a tad darker with more growl. They definitely have their own character! Just a heads up for anyone looking for a set of good HB’s on the cheap

Edit: In no way affiliated with Guitar Madness, just a thrifty guitarist haha.

Re: $35 eBay Guitar Madness set vs SD Hot Rodded set video

No love for the GM pickups? Tough crowd lol

Comment

I don't think any of us have ever heard of them. Have you tried any of their other products?
      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
      Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
        I don't think any of us have ever heard of them. Have you tried any of their other products?
        No, this is my first set. If you look at their eBay store, there seems to be quite a few different types. I can’t speak on the characteristics of the other models, though. For around $35 a set, I bet they’re worth the risk. I really like Seymour Duncan pups, but these are a great alternative to those that may not be able to swing SD price tags. Just trying to spread the word

Comment

I currently have a couple Guitar Madness "Hot Platinum" pickups. Nice, chunky, hot A5 bridge pickups that rock in a Floyded super Strat. Not quite as airy and dynamic as the JB and a little tough to get clean without splitting, but well balanced and a truly killer hard rock/metal tone when driven.

In the video above, I could hear added warmth and additional compression with the GM bridge compared to the JB, which was a bit more dynamic, but both had very usable sounds.

There was a stark difference between the GM neck and the Jazz, though...like not even close to the same.

Depends on what you're after. I would probably be happy with either bridge pickup paired with the Jazz neck in that guitar! Still, for $35, not bad!

For a bit more, I'd go with the Chris Carter "Axis" set. Best bang-for-the-buck out there right now. I've been snatching them up before he disappears again...

Comment

There are a lot of great cheap sets or models about from a number of far east companies. I bought a 'cool rails' esque neck pickup and had great results (for what I wanted out of that guitar).....of course I've never owned the SD version so it mattered little about how close it got.

Comment

Working...
            X