Guitar wiring diagram shapes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar wiring diagram shapes

Do you know where I can find a library of shapes for creating guitar wiring diagrams? I'm looking for shapes like pickups, potentiometers, and switches, like the nice ones used in Seymour Duncan diagrams. I've searched the internet and haven't found anything, which leads me to think I don't know the right term to use.

Re: Guitar wiring diagram shapes

Welcome to the forum!

There are a few people here that draw amazing diagrams- maybe they can chime in with what they use.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I take diagrams I find online and mess around in MS Paint for all the stuff I can't find.
      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
      Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

In the past ive used photoshop. There was a guy getting around who had a heap of ''shapes'' saved and ready to use.

Comment

I just use standard MS paint shapes.
          "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
          Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

You can draw your own
            I did that in Libreoffice
            You can also use a snipping tool to steal them
            Use a drawing program to edit them
            EHD
            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
              You can draw your own
              I did that in Libreoffice
              You can also use a snipping tool to steal them
              Use a drawing program to edit them
              I was coming to the conclusion that what you suggested is what I would need to do. I plan to use Libreoffice Draw to make the diagrams, and will probably use GIMP to strip some images out of other diagrams.

Thank you.

Comment

Making pickups in Draw is just a rounded rectangle with 6 circles
                Stack together to get humbucker
                Use shape with two bars for rail pickups

Pots are circles with tabs

All.are just basic shapes

Make your shapes with grid lines
                Add glue points on either side for wiring

Save to a common diagram
                Copy and paste to the new one

The old Openoffice had galleries you could create for.just guitar stuff
                Last edited by ehdwuld; 08-10-2018, 04:50 PM.
                EHD
                Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I always thought you could make a cool guitar schematic app, Dragging and dropping all the components around and also a tool that check your work at the end to see if there will be any potential problems.

I guess its not the best idea because most diagrams are already out there and ready just to copy.

Comment

Originally posted by kramersteen View Post
                    I always thought you could make a cool guitar schematic app, Dragging and dropping all the components around and also a tool that check your work at the end to see if there will be any potential problems.

I guess its not the best idea because most diagrams are already out there and ready just to copy.
                    I think you could use regular schematics program for that, like Tina TI, if you know how.

i have it but never practiced if I could draw guitar schematics with it. Seemed not the effort it would take compared to paint. As that kind of visual is easier to read too, than standard electronics schematic.
                    "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                    Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

It took a few months, but I finally created a small collection of shapes using LibreDraw. A zip file containing two drawing files is attached. One file contains drawings of single coil and humbucker pickups. The other file contains drawings of switches, potentiometers, and jacks. You can copy-and-paste drawings from the attached files into your own drawing file, and they can be resized as needed. I modeled all of the drawings after examples I saw in Seymour Duncan wiring diagrams.

Thank you for all of the responses and suggestions.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Attached is a zip file containing some updated shapes in case they are of use to anyone. The files were created using LibreOffice Draw. I have also included PDF versions of the files for those who would like to look at them but don't have software that supports the Draw format.

The "Switches, Pots, Jacks.odg" file is the same as the earlier version. The "Pickups.odg" file has been updated in a few ways. I think I made the single coil pickup look a little better. The pickups were originally created using Draw's "rounded rectangle" tool. I have since learned how to specify the amount of roundness on the corners, and have changed the shapes to look more square in some cases and to have more oval ends in other cases. I added Jazz Bass and Precision Bass pickup shapes.

Thank you.

LibreDraw Figures v2.zip

Comment

Working...
                        X