Flatwound Bass Strings for C# standard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flatwound Bass Strings for C# standard

I play a short scale bass and tune as low as C but usually keep it in C# and sometimes as high as Eb. I don't know if anyone has come across this on one but it always seems like the lowest string is always the floppiest. I recently got the Rotosound 77 set with the 105 as the lowest and it's still a little too floppy for me but the rest of the strings feel great. They're long scale version because they don't make a short scale in that gauge. Anyways, I ordered a set of the 110 and will just use the 110 and keep the other strings as a backup. I wanted to just order the 110 as a single but couldn't find a place to buy a single. I prefer playing short scale because I like how much easier it is for me to get around the neck. If anyone can point me to single strings I can order that would be great so I'm not dropping a lot of dough to build a custom string set.

Re: Flatwound Bass Strings for C# standard

I saw on juststrings.com that they have a 110 flatwound by Earnie Ball but it's $16 which is nearly half the cost of a new pack of strings. Very disappointing.

Comment

Flatwound Bass Strings for C# standard

Use the bottom 4 strings from a light 5-string set.

I have Labellas on my 5-string fretless bass.

Shouldn’t be too hard to tune the low B up to C# if you use a light set.

And yes, the low B is expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X