2019 Gibson Lineup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 Gibson Lineup

I haven’t read through this entire thread, but I haven’t seen any mention of the switching that is new for this years models.
    From what I understand there are internal dip switches which allow you to configure the wiring in a multitude of ways.
    In/out of phase, coil splitting etc.

I think this is possibly Gibson’s best idea to date.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
      I haven’t read through this entire thread, but I haven’t seen any mention of the switching that is new for this years models.
      From what I understand there are internal dip switches which allow you to configure the wiring in a multitude of ways.
      In/out of phase, coil splitting etc.

I think this is possibly Gibson’s best idea to date.
      What?! Now THAT would be something. Where did you read that?

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
        Their HP 2 line has it, I can't speak of any other models though.
        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
        Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

I saw a thread on another forum.

Comment

I remember a company that did a PCB, it had options like that. DIPS for Split/Parallel/Partial Split, Phase, Series/Parallel, then DIPS for modern/50’s, Cap value and maybe even a taper switch? The luddites hate PCBs, but that’s a lot of useful mods by simply removing the back cover.
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Here we go:

He talks about it at around 4:50

Comment

Here we go:

He talks about it at around 4:50
                Awesome, thanks for looking it up and sharing it!

Comment

Awesome, thanks for looking it up and sharing it!
                  No problem, man!!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                    I remember a company that did a PCB, it had options like that. DIPS for Split/Parallel/Partial Split, Phase, Series/Parallel, then DIPS for modern/50’s, Cap value and maybe even a taper switch? The luddites hate PCBs, but that’s a lot of useful mods by simply removing the back cover.
                    This is such a great idea. I would welcome a user-installed system that is easily commercially available that does this (along with a back cover that uses magnets instead of screws).
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Looks like not everybody is as excited about the switches lol

Some fair points.

Comment

Looks like not everybody is as excited about the switches lol

Some fair points.
                        Amazing that the guy had time to do the video, and carved out time to not only film it, but film it from various angles and edit it. He could always just...not buy a modern LP.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                          Amazing that the guy had time to do the video, and carved out time to not only film it, but film it from various angles and edit it. He could always just...not buy a modern LP.
                          I hear you. I started watching it because I thought he had played one but of course not.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                            Haters gonna hate
                            I feel that at this point Gibson has dug a fairly deep hole and at least for the next several years, no matter what they do people are going to complain.
                            It’s too bad too. I have 3 Gibsons and every one is a good instrument. Needless to say, I’m a fan.

Comment

Haters gonna hate
                              I feel that at this point Gibson has dug a fairly deep hole and at least for the next several years, no matter what they do people are going to complain.
                              It’s too bad too. I have 3 Gibsons and every one is a good instrument. Needless to say, I’m a fan.
                              This is nothing new. The same people that complained 10-15 years ago that Gibson hasn't innovated anything new are the same ones that complain when they do and then complain that they don't do it the old way. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I like a good Gibson. I don't "own" one really but I've been borrowing a buddy's 2009 Les Paul Traditional Pro and I love it. I keep telling him I'm holding on to it because eventually I'm buying it from him. It's bone stock too.

Some of these new offerings look pretty nice. A back to basics approach in a way. Almost like they are going after the working man player.

Comment

It is OK to hate on people who take the time and film something disparaging about a guitar they've never even touched. So...he hates the idea of it. There are plenty of LPs out there to buy.

Comment

Working...
                                X