2019 Gibson Lineup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Gibson Lineup

They haven’t gone crazy which is nice to see. A couple of models have caught my attention.

The new ES235

And the LP Jr Tribute DC

Shop Les Paul Electric Guitars at Gibson. From the classic Les Paul Standard to the new Les Paul Studio, we've got a guitar for you.

It looks like I’ll have to wait for the ES-330.

Anything you guys like?

Re: 2019 Gibson Lineup

I'm surprised. Not a single model I don't like, based off of looks alone. I'm glad they didn't go completely overboard on the HP lines too. 1 Les Paul and 1 SG; they don't try to force them on us like in the past. I see some lower prices too.

Fingers crossed that QC shows improvement as well this year.
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

That LP Jr DC looks great!

That said, I need another guitar like I need a hole in the head.
      Last edited by Laughing Kookaburra; 09-01-2018, 02:36 PM.

Comment

That pickguard on the Junior looks like it came off a Deluxe Telecaster.... NO, on the pickguard shape. YES, on the Junior with a single P-90.
        aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Ho Hum.

Comment

Just missing a honeyburst/lemonburst Traditional. I like the red and blue LPs. I’ll pass on the HPs, but they aren’t for me anyway. Jr. is killer.
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

$1,700 for a Les Paul Studio is a bad move...they should bring the Studio (not faded or worn crap) back down to under a grand...
              http://www.gibson.com/Products/Elect...udio-2019.aspx
              and the tangerine burst looks silly...(maybe with bindings it would work)....just stick with black and white...
              and no gold hardware option...
              they are just killing what was a great product...

then the overpriced high performance LP models in fruit loops colors and nothing high performance about them....
              Last edited by justFred; 09-01-2018, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Laughing Kookaburra View Post
                That LP Jr DC looks great!

That said, I need another guitar like I need a hole in the head.
                So you’re getting one?

Comment

The DC looks great, surprised it's a maple neck though. I wonder what the route is like under the pickguard - I'd be tempted to stick a humbucker in there.

I don't think a LP studio should have neck binding. Seems like an unnecessary cost for a bare bones model.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by justFred View Post
                    $1,700 for a Les Paul Studio is a bad move...they should bring the Studio (not faded or worn crap) back down to under a grand...
                    I agree that a Studio should be priced lower than that. But I can't remember Studios being under a grand since about Y2K or so. About the same time, Standards were about $1,400–$1,600 IIRC, and a bona-fide Custom/Art/Historic LP Custom reissue was only about 3 grand retail. I bought my '02 Studio Plus new for $1,200–$1,300, I think. Those were maybe $200 more than a regular Studio (which bought you flamed maple and gold hardware back then).
                    Originally posted by LesStrat
                    Yogi Berra was correct.
                    Originally posted by JOLLY
                    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

I like the SG Standard ‘61 but I feel the price is to high.

Comment

I was looking at some Heritage guitars yesterday. And as we know they make some NICE guitars. The average price for an H150 was +\- $2200-2400.
                        The most expensive one was about $3200.

From what I’ve see of these new Gibson models, the LP Standard is STARTING at $3300!!!
                        C’mon Gibson.
                        If Heritage can make a sweet guitar and make a profit at $2400, why can’t you?
                        Is the price gouging really necessary???

Comment

2019 Gibson Slogan: Same "meh", different year!

Look! A cherry finish on a Les Paul! A Flying V in natural! Another overpriced one-pickup guitar with zero features! Gibson has really outdone themselves this time!

Last edited by Masta' C; 09-01-2018, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by masta' c View Post
                            2019 Gibson Slogan: Same "meh", different year!

Look! A cherry finish on a Les Paul! A Flying V in natural! Another overpriced one-pickup guitar with zero features! Gibson has really outdone themselves this time!

Gibson does stuff like 2015, everyone hates it. They do what they do best everyone else hates it.
                            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
                              I agree that a Studio should be priced lower than that. But I can't remember Studios being under a grand since about Y2K or so. About the same time, Standards were about $1,400–$1,600 IIRC, and a bona-fide Custom/Art/Historic LP Custom reissue was only about 3 grand retail. I bought my '02 Studio Plus new for $1,200–$1,300, I think. Those were maybe $200 more than a regular Studio (which bought you flamed maple and gold hardware back then).
                              In 1995 paid $600 for a new black Les Paul Studio, gold hardware, no case, no gig bag from Musicians Discount Warehouse..... Based on inflation calculator indicating a 1995 dollar is at $1.61 today... the Les Paul Studio should be priced at $966...but if Gibson was doing it's job as a manufacturer with continuous improvement programs the should have been able to hold the price somewhere between $600 and $966...

Comment

Working...
                              X