banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was this really me...?? Old, old demo!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was this really me...?? Old, old demo!!!

Guys, I was digging through my old cassettes (remember them!!) and I came across an old demo I recorded some 14 years ago with my band at the time. From what I remember, it was recorded on a digital 16 track desk at a friends house. All the guitar parts were recorded using my Kramer (which had a JB at the time) through my Marshall Jubilee with a TS-9 in front(wish I still had that amp ). I dunno, good memories, but waddya think??

Rockers old demo
    GUITARS
    STRATS: Custom Strat - Lil 59/Classic Stack/Hot Stack, Jackson Fusion - C5/JB Jr/JB Jr, Kramer Pacer Custom - CC/SSL-1/SSL-1, Schecter V-1 Plus - C5/SSL-6/SSL-6, VH1 Strat - 59, Fender Partsocaster - C/PG hybrids

LESTERS: Edwards Sykes Custom - DD/DD, Edwards Custom V/white - JB/59, Burny Floyd Rose Les Paul
    AMPS
    Engl Screamer 50 combo + V112 Cab, Splawn Competition, Marshall 1982A & 1982B, Marshall 1960A.

Re: Was this really me...?? Old, old demo!!!

nice playing!!
    I just joined this forum and i am totally amazed by all the talent here... just amazed. But back to the point... your playing is magnificent, I really enjoyed it.

i love you

Comment

Cool - I will download tonight.
      Last edited by Stevo; 04-13-2004, 03:21 PM.
      My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Yeah now that was fun
        Loved it, full of energy and very 80's

Comment

wow, great stuff! sounds like it could be on "I Love the 80's" on VH1!!!
          Equipment: I have a Washburn WG228. a Peavey Studio Pro 112, a Digitech RP200, and a DOD Death Metal Distortion Pedal... My amp is new, I love it. I've been playing for about 3 years, I'm ok, but I'm not great. I'm good at rhythm guitar, but I couldn't solo if my life depended on it...

Comment

Love that 80s stuff
            Originally posted by kevlar3000
            I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
            Originally posted by Zerberus
            Better is often the enemy of good
            Originally posted by ginormous
            Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

I really liked your playing! That certainly was something out of the 80's! That could of made you guys a one hit wonder and had tons of groupies!
              ScreamingDaisy: I don't do sympathy. If you want sympathy, it can be found in the dictionary between sh*t and syphilis.

Comment

I logged in just so I could reply to this thread. That was awesome.
                Keep the 80s alive!

Comment

Man that guitar just rips and the tone is spot on. It is a perfect compliment for this tune. Fun stuff.

Comment

Thanks for all the comments guys. We had tons of songs demo'd and had some record company interest (notably from Geffen) but it was 89/90 and we hit the tail end of the 'good times' and of course grunge came along and killed it all (sigh!!)
                    Never mind, as I said good memories!!!
                    Keep the eighties flame burning!!!
                    GUITARS
                    STRATS: Custom Strat - Lil 59/Classic Stack/Hot Stack, Jackson Fusion - C5/JB Jr/JB Jr, Kramer Pacer Custom - CC/SSL-1/SSL-1, Schecter V-1 Plus - C5/SSL-6/SSL-6, VH1 Strat - 59, Fender Partsocaster - C/PG hybrids

LESTERS: Edwards Sykes Custom - DD/DD, Edwards Custom V/white - JB/59, Burny Floyd Rose Les Paul
                    AMPS
                    Engl Screamer 50 combo + V112 Cab, Splawn Competition, Marshall 1982A & 1982B, Marshall 1960A.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
                      Man that guitar just rips and the tone is spot on. It is a perfect compliment for this tune. Fun stuff.
                      Now you know why I should never have sold that Jubilee head!!!!
                      GUITARS

AMPS

Comment

Originally posted by Rocker35
                        Now you know why I should never have sold that Jubilee head!!!!
                        Ug.. one of those "ouch" decisions

Comment

Ah ... old memories ... reminds me "Racer X" .... excellent.

Rocker bro, you definately had some fun in 80/90. Now I need to see how your outfit was at that time. Any picture?

yep, you couldn't stop the fire!

Brisk
                          "Tone is in the cheese." -LSP

"whoever says angus young is overrated is a complete idiot." -flank

Comment

Originally posted by brisk
                            Ah ... old memories ... reminds me "Racer X" .... excellent.

Rocker bro, you definately had some fun in 80/90. Now I need to see how your outfit was at that time. Any picture?

yep, you couldn't stop the fire!

Brisk
                            Well we definately were'nt pretty boys!!!
                            but I'll see if I can dig out a pic or two!!

I've got more songs if anyone's interested......
                            Last edited by Rocker35; 04-16-2004, 04:38 PM. Reason: More information
                            GUITARS

AMPS

Comment

That was kool!
                              Epiphone Les Paul Studio (59 neck and JB bridge)
                              Marshall Valvestate 8080 (80 watts)
                              Korg AX1500G multi-fx
                              RAT
                              Boss PH-1r
                              Ibanez cf-7
                              Ibanwz ts-7
                              Danelectro tremolo
                              Vintage RAT - needs a fix!

Not much else - it does the job

Dooogz is taking a break from SD - ill be back soon crew!

Comment

Working...
                              X