Name:	41170.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	5849212Click image for larger version

Name:	41186.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	5849213
    Functionally, what is happening as a result of one using 2 of 4 S1 terminals and the other utilizing 3 of 4?

Re: Can someone tell me what the difference is in these 2 diag

If I'm reading the originals correctly, I believe they accomplish the same thing, it's just for pickups in series, one puts neck ground into bridge hot while the other accomplishes series by putting bridge ground into neck hot. But it's a bit hard to follow some of the lines, so I could be mistaken. The switch layout on page 4 of each diagram says they do exactly the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
      But it's a bit hard to follow some of the lines, so I could be mistaken.
      That's the problem I was having too. I wonder if someone did the first one, then someone else figured out an easier way to do the same thing.

Comment

Cool, hey thank you guys. Both of those are straight off of Fender's website -telecaster service diagrams. Dig this tho, I have done both ways and they sounded noticeably different. I realize that other factors could of come into play, connection quality, wire length and im sure others, but the way that utilizes 2 of the 4 ports actually sounded a lot more like what you would expect in series -thick warm almost Brian May sound is what came out. The other sounded comparitavily higher pitched, more distortion, tighter and more focused -metal type vibe. I swear man I think you could wire to identical axes with identical components and specs and get audibly differentiated tones. Thats the beauty of the thing maybe..

Comment

Originally posted by Kojack View Post
          Cool, hey thank you guys. Both of those are straight off of Fender's website -telecaster service diagrams. Dig this tho, I have done both ways and they sounded noticeably different. I realize that other factors could of come into play, connection quality, wire length and im sure others, but the way that utilizes 2 of the 4 ports actually sounded a lot more like what you would expect in series -thick warm almost Brian May sound is what came out. The other sounded comparitavily higher pitched, more distortion, tighter and more focused -metal type vibe. I swear man I think you could wire to identical axes with identical components and specs and get audibly differentiated tones. Thats the beauty of the thing maybe..
          I have a Brian May guitar and even with only one pickup on, flipping the phase switch of that pickup changes the sound a little bit e.g. a slight loss of low end one way vs fuller sound the other way. I had a JP wiring scheme in a Gibson that did something similar. Pickups and wiring aren’t perfect and you have to look at where the pickup is in the circuit and what all it’s running through when you flip certain switches that might influence the sound. What you experienced is probably why they changed the underlying wiring diagram for the same effect.

Comment

Working...
          X