Favorite -go to- neck humbucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite -go to- neck humbucker

Just curious, what are everyone’s fav neck humbuckers?

I play shred. My favorite is currently the Air Norton. A classic pickup, i feel some overlook as a good aftermarket pup. I havd a lot of love for the air nortons.

Re: Favorite -go to- neck humbucker

Had a bunch over the years have a bunch now in guitars but hands down mine is the Duncan Sentient. Simply the best bell like big clear clean tones I have ever gotten from any humbucker + is really nice at gain with clear defined articulate tones that have depth without being muddy or overly compressed and really sing for solos.
    Also like the Duncan 59 with a A4 mag a lot as well as the Alnico II pro for fat blues the H60A EMG and the Dimarzio Liquifire for really fat sweet woman tones and split.
    Last edited by Ascension; 09-30-2018, 10:12 PM.
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

A459n split.
      RCA4SH-6n in parallel.
      D-Activator neck.
      Lace Deathbucker.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Jazz, Seth or Pearly Gates. I don’t play shred.

Comment

Seth Lover, Pearly Gates, APH, Slash Greenie Set neck. I prefer A2 neck pickups for classic rock to hard rock.
          Last edited by Jeff_H; 10-01-2018, 12:55 AM.
          My Sound Clips

Comment

On my guitars, depending on model, PGn, A2Pro, Classic Stack and SJM-1n.

Apart from Duncans, and even if it seems everyone hates it, I love the Classic 57 on my LP Traditional.
            Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

depends on the guitar but the wlh neck is terrific

Comment

If I had to pick one, it would probably be the PATB-1n. With the PGn and Slash AII Pro close behind.

Comment

been moving more and more towards P90 Phat Cat...just something really cool about that P90 tone...unique and widely applicable...

Comment

EMG 81
                    Black Winter Neck.

I can never make the typical 7-8K humbucker work for me as a neck pickup, personally. I always find them too scooped, chirpy, and, most of all, underpowered compared to the style of bridge pickups that I like.

I do like the Phat Cat Neck's clean tone, especially since it's spanky, clean, and not boomy, but it's not thin like a Fender-style single coil (or a split humbucker) can be. I feel it wouldn't be able to keep up with the Black Winter-B or the SH-6B that I like, though.
                    Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 10-02-2018, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Either a Bill Lawrence L500R or a Bill Lawrence L45S--depending on H or S routing. Amazing articulation and never muddy.

Honorable mentions: SD Screamin Demon or a DMZ Liquifire

Comment

Does "i wish this guitar were HS or HSS instead" count?
                        "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

For me, it is the Alnico II Pro. For single coils, it is the STK-S4 Classic Stack. Both allow me to do everything I need to without imparting an inherent sound over everything.
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
                            Either a Bill Lawrence L500R or a Bill Lawrence L45S--depending on H or S routing. Amazing articulation and never muddy.

Honorable mentions: SD Screamin Demon or a DMZ Liquifire
                            Don't tell anybody, but I just bought a full set of S45s for a special experiment with active electronics. I don't think I've seen anything along the lines of what I'm doing anywhere on the internet. More to follow in later weeks.
                            You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                            Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Cheap

Comment

Working...
                              X