• Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite -go to- neck humbucker

Duncan SM1 Firebird mini.

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
      Don't tell anybody, but I just bought a full set of S45s for a special experiment with active electronics. I don't think I've seen anything along the lines of what I'm doing anywhere on the internet. More to follow in later weeks.
      I'll try not to tell anyone

Comment

Pearly Gates. All day, every day forever.
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Probably a '59 or Jazz.

Comment

A2Pro

Loving my A259 though.

Comment

I don't have favorites, just the two I have in guitars I own: Black Winter neck and Sentient. They're both fabulous in different ways. The BW-N is so incredibly versatile, with excellent harmonics and thick mids, and can do metal leads as well as blues, rock, and pop. Throw some delay and chorus on there and you can produce psychedelic sounds. High-output neck pickup that also splits well. The Sentient has that vintage resistance, and its tones are more scooped, but holy heck, you can get some sparkling cleans, and it handles classic rock lead tone like a dream for me.

Comment

I love the LIL 59 in my Charvel Model 3dr a ton! I have an MJ wound Alnico II pro in my 1988 Les Paul custom of the same vintage as the guitar and that could be my all time favorite neck pickup. big bluesy tone and goes well with any bridge pickup you put in there. With that said, i have a lydia daniels mid 80s vintage Jazz in another les paul and I have been very impressed by it. I had a recent Jazz in an Epiphone LP custom and was not impressed at all but this one is really doing it for me in that guitar. The PATB1N is also an amazing neck pickup, especially in 24 fret guitars. Same goes with the Full Shred Neck-very articulate and can totally shred (no pun intended) when you want it to.
                Charvel, Kramer, Gibson, Fender, MIJ/US Epiphone, BC Rich
                Full Shred, Distortion, JB, Custom (Custom), Screamin' Demon, Cool Rails, Alternative 8, Mini Humbucker, Lil 59, 59, APH-1, Black Winter, Silverbird, SP90, PATB1,2,3, YJM, 59/custom hybrid, SSL-1 AH1BJ, Jazz, Antiquity JB/Jazz, Alpha/Omega

Comment

My favourites at the moment include Alnico 2 Pro humbucker, Sentient and SSL-1.

Comment

Not a shredder.

I like the classic PAFs. Seths, Antiquitys, Gibson Classic '57, Gibson A2 Burstbucker 1, Ibanez Super '58s. All good. (Don't have Pearlys, but I'm sure they'd be good, too.)

Bill
                    When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Oh, I forgot. An RCA4 Distortion neck pickup, wired in parallel.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

If we are only talking about full-sized humbuckers, then it's the Seth Neck. I even like it in the bridge position sometimes.

That said, it's kind of tied with both the EJ Custom neck and the Bluesbucker. All outstanding, but all different. Seth is a humbucker in humbucker form. EJ Custom is a mini humbucker tone in full-sized humbucker form. Bluesbucker is a P-90 tone in full-sized humbucker form.
                        Last edited by ItsaBass; 10-06-2018, 09:43 PM.
                        Originally posted by LesStrat
                        Yogi Berra was correct.
                        Originally posted by JOLLY
                        I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Working...
                        X