New Boss Wazas....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Boss Wazas....

Well DAYUM. Still up there in price, but I'll probably grab one once they start hitting the used market, wanted a DC-2 for awhile but could never pull the trigger...

The fact the other mode goes for a Dimension D sound is a welcomed touch

Last edited by Kamanda~SD; 10-04-2018, 06:30 AM.
    TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
      Chorus sounds bad and so do MT-2s. This is stupid.
      You're stupid and so is your mother.

The DC-2w is pretty much the only thing Boss could have made to make me buy another pedal from them (or another pedal in general). I'm really stoked about this. The original sounds great, and I often leave it on all as a widener, but the problem with low headroom is well known. If they can fix that, so that you can actually use it in the loop, they've got a winner on their hand.

The only thing that is annoying so far are the YouTube reviews. A few are out, but I have yet to hear any of them who try to use it with more than SRV-level gain, and how it reacts to the volume knob being rolled back. That, in the end, is the thing I care the most about. (Testing it with the new MZ in front, as one reviewer did, does not count.)
      Last edited by Sirion; 10-04-2018, 09:44 AM.

Comment

I don't get it. The MT2 is a divisive pedal, sure
        But it's also one that's never been discontinued. So evidently, they're still moving units. Anybody who gets nostalgic for one can easily have one the same afternoon. Who is this pedal for?
        --------------------------------------------------------
        1973 Aria 551
        1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
        1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
        1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
        1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
        1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
        2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

Originally posted by Coma View Post
          I don't get it. The MT2 is a divisive pedal, sure
          But it's also one that's never been discontinued. So evidently, they're still moving units. Anybody who gets nostalgic for one can easily have one the same afternoon. Who is this pedal for?
          I believe its for people who find the EQ too broad and want to dial it in better with the custom mode. After seeing Ola Englund's review it made sense, and definitely seems to be an improvement. There's a few Waza Craft pedals that sort of fall into this as well (i.e. not discontinued but nice added features)
          TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

The MT-2 is one of their best selling pedals, go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
              The MT-2 is one of their best selling pedals, go figure.
              Second best after DS-1!
              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

The Waza MT-2 sounds miles better than the original, IMO. I like the Dimension C as well, very sweet. If I was looking at new pedals these days, I'd be looking at those, but I'd opt for the OD-1x instead of the MT-2w. It simply suits my style better.

Comment

What I don't think that the people who hate on the MT-2 get is this: The genres that use it don't want those people to like them, nor their guitar tone. In fact, they want to piss them off and offend them. Sort of the way people who prefer certain styles of "music" like overpowering buzzy rattling bass pumped through improperly installed car stereos.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by Demanic; 10-04-2018, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                    What I don't think that the people who hate on the MT-2 get is this: The genres that use it don't want those people to like them, nor their guitar tone. In fact, they want to piss them off and offend them. Sort of the way people who prefer certain styles of "music" like overpowering buzzy rattling bass pumped through improperly installed car stereos.

What genres would those be? Because after some 20-odd years of listening and playing metal, hanging around other people listening to grind and death and black and for about ten or fifteen years owning an MT2, I'm yet to meet anyone who actually thought using one was a good idea [emoji1]
                    1973 Aria 551
                    1995 Aria Pro II TA-65

Comment

What genres would those be? Because after some 20-odd years of listening and playing metal, hanging around other people listening to grind and death and black and for about ten or fifteen years owning an MT2, I'm yet to meet anyone who actually thought using one was a good idea [emoji1]
                      I've heard more than a couple guitar players in industrial bands sound great with an MT-2 into a clean-ish amp. Their guitar sound probably wasn't what most would consider good, but it was great for the style they were playing. My favorite was probably Sister Machinegun; their guitar player had a Parker Fly going through the MT2 into a Fender Twin and the sound was huge.
                      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                      And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Well, I suppose that I just associate with people who are even more extreme and further underground.

Comment

One of the Cannibal Corpse guys used a MT2 for many years.

Many guys don't get that it's not for Van Halen, Boston, Judas Priest or even Metallica. You want it for downright brutal **** like Nile, Carcass, At the Gates or something. Pantera is the light side of the spectrum of a MT2. That's why I won't use one, but I get what it's about.

Also, Ola Englund already did a video on the Waza MT2 and it sounds excellent for what it is.
                          Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
                          Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
                          Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
                          Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
                            Name one song with chorus that sounds good. You can't. It doesn't exist.
                            I was about to, but I realized ironic thing is that the two first songs that I thought of used pedals that are technically flangers. XD

Comment

Originally posted by Diego View Post
                              One of the Cannibal Corpse guys used a MT2 for many years.

Many guys don't get that it's not for Van Halen, Boston, Judas Priest or even Metallica. You want it for downright brutal **** like Nile, Carcass, At the Gates or something. Pantera is the light side of the spectrum of a MT2. That's why I won't use one, but I get what it's about.

Also, Ola Englund already did a video on the Waza MT2 and it sounds excellent for what it is.
                              Didn't most of those bands use something along the lines of straight up 5150 + V30, possibly with a TS808 in front?

Also, maybe unpopular opinionen, but I thought Olga's demo of it still sounded awful. Though evidently, it seems to have struck a chord with people.
                              1973 Aria 551
                              1995 Aria Pro II TA-65

Comment

I also hate chorus and wish it would be disinvented and deleted forever from music. I sometimes use phaser and flanger but for extremely specific purposes, none having much to do with my own musical creation. Covers, as they call them.

Why would anyone prefer that plasticky, tiny sounding crap over a Rotary Speaker sim or even a Univibe is beyond me. And I own a CE2 so I might know what I'm talking about. As a chorus it's excellent, but I struggled with it and I much prefer Leslies or something. Thick and juicy sounding.
                                Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
                                Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
                                Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
                                Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

Working...
                                X