New Boss Wazas....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Boss Wazas....

Well, a Dimension doesn't exactly sound like a regular chorus...it is wider in a way, with a lot less modulation- almost a true doubler, and it works on a lot of other instruments like keys, bass, & vocals, where a chorus pedal wouldn't.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by B2D View Post
      I was about to, but I realized ironic thing is that the two first songs that I thought of used pedals that are technically flangers. XD
      It’s all the same. Just delay time and regen differences.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        Well, a Dimension doesn't exactly sound like a regular chorus...it is wider in a way, with a lot less modulation- almost a true doubler, and it works on a lot of other instruments like keys, bass, & vocals, where a chorus pedal wouldn't.
        I find that the Dimension C on its 4th and most modulated setting has MORE modulation than any other chorus unit? I love that all 4 presets are totally usable with no fuss or adjustment necessary. Definitely agree that it is usable with more than just guitar.
        Not arguing here...more like intrigued by the Mincer description?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Diego View Post
          Many guys don't get that it's not for Van Halen, Boston, Judas Priest or even Metallica. You want it for downright brutal **** like Nile, Carcass, At the Gates or something. Pantera is the light side of the spectrum of a MT2. That's why I won't use one, but I get what it's about.
          Dimebag never used a Metal Zone.

I'm not sure about Carcass, but at least from Heartwork on, they've used fancy schmancy tube amps.

At the Gates did use to use one along with an HM-2 for Slaughter of the Soul. But then, they went all Mr. Fancypants and started using tube amps, lol.
          Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 10-04-2018, 04:57 PM.

Comment

glad i caught this thread yesterday. just ordered a DC-2w.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
              Dimebag never used a Metal Zone.

I'm not sure about Carcass, but at least from Heartwork on, they've used fancy schmancy tube amps.

At the Gates did use to use one along with an HM-2 for Slaughter of the Soul. But then, they went all Mr. Fancypants and started using tube amps, lol.
              Not saying it was their secret recipe or something. But that's the ballpark a MT2 set with care and good ears will get you in. Marty Friedman used a MT2 in Dragon's Kiss but IMO that album had some awful tones so it doesn't really count as a fine example.
              Last edited by Diego; 10-04-2018, 06:21 PM.
              Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
              Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
              Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
              Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

I like those clips of the MT-2w.

Comment

Originally posted by mig50 View Post
                  glad i caught this thread yesterday. just ordered a DC-2w.
                  Looks like street price is $230? That's decent, considering what originals go for.

Comment

Regarding both chorus and the MT-2, what defines great tone is completely subjective. One person's garbage is another's Grail.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                      Regarding both chorus and the MT-2, what defines great tone is completely subjective. One person's garbage is another's Grail.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Quite True.
                      Also most of the time,when I buy stuff based of utube clips,it rarely sounds similar.
                      Probably due to inferior gear/skills and post mixing.

Comment

At this point I'm starting to expect them to release a NS-2w. Waza already has a version of the Boss Chromatic Tuner.
                        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                        Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Well, that is at least a tiny indication of what it'll sound like with distortion.

Comment

He describes the 'not really chorus' thing really well.
                            I find it interesting to make a living out of gear demos. He does it well, but it is still interesting to me.
                            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                              He describes the 'not really chorus' thing really well.
                              I find it interesting to make a living out of gear demos. He does it well, but it is still interesting to me.
                              Mostly of these guys are still musicians first and foremost, but they do demos to supplement. For example, Pete is a sideman for quite a few artists, plus his own solo stuff. I wonder what their revenue is from YouTube, over and above the compensation for doing the demo.
                              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

yeah! i thought about waiting a few months to see if i can get a used one for cheaper, but i could really use this for a current project, and i doubt they'll be significantly cheaper once they start showing up on the used market ("they" being the 2w models - i'm guessing the originals will remain expensive).

EDIT: whoops, this was i response to B2D's post, but it looks like the quote functiom didn't work for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X