Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour Duncan Custom Shop Humbucker Under a P-90 Soapbar Cover

Hi Everyone,

I'm a new poster here. Looking forward to time on the board.

I just purchased a 2006 Gibson SG Junior with a P-90 soapbar in the bridge position. The soapbar pickup is attached to the batwing pickguard. I'm thinking about getting a Custom Shop humbucker (voiced like Pearly Gates) made to go under the P-90 cover. Does anyone have such a pickup under their soapbar, and how does it sound? Thanks.

Re: Seymour Duncan Custom Shop Humbucker Under a P-90 Soapbar Cover

Welcome to the forum!

I don't know if anyone here has something exactly like that, but if it can be done, the Custom Shop can do it! Make sure you come back here with a review when you get it.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thanks! I will certainly do that. I've started a discussion with them on making such a pickup.

Comment

MJ can do ANYTHING! You just need to tell her what you want and whip out that credit card.

That aside, if you are trying to save a few bucks Dimarzio has a couple of P90 sized buckers if you're interested.
        “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

I say if you're gonna shell out for a Custom Shop pickup, you might as well have them wind it specially for you. Maybe tell them what you think could be improved upon in the PG.
          You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
          Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
            I say if you're gonna shell out for a Custom Shop pickup, you might as well have them wind it specially for you. Maybe tell them what you think could be improved upon in the PG.
            Great suggestion! Thanks, everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
              I had planned to have one specially made through the Custom Shop - voiced like Pearly Gates. But I do like the idea of how they can wind it to improve upon the PG and taking into consideration the SG's body (as distinct from the Les Paul). The final product could be a cross between the PG and the 59, which is what I want (a 59 PAF tone).

Comment

Originally posted by lawrev View Post
                I had planned to have one specially made through the Custom Shop - voiced like Pearly Gates. But I do like the idea of how they can wind it to improve upon the PG and taking into consideration the SG's body (as distinct from the Les Paul). The final product could be a cross between the PG and the 59, which is what I want (a 59 PAF tone).
                Ask MJ to make it sound like The Reverend Billy’s Pearly Gates, or The Angus pickup. Both are based very close to the Pearly Gates but sweetened up to sound perfect as is.

Comment

Thanks. I haven't spoke to MJ but will ask.

Comment

Working...
                  X