Seymour Duncan Custom Shop Antiquity Hummbuckers Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour Duncan Custom Shop Antiquity Hummbuckers Help

Hi. I took my guitar to local guitar tech to install Custom Shop Antiquity 4 conductor Hummbuckers in my Custom guitar. I choose wiring diagram from Seymour Duncan page : 2 Hummbuckers.1 Volume,1 Tone knob. I wanted to have :
    Volume-Series-Parallel on Neck pickup and Series-Phase on bridge pickup. Guitar came back with reversed order on bridge pickup.Series,or "standard wiring" is now when I pull pot up and I hate that. Can anyone take a look at the picture of current wiring on guitar and compare to Seymour Duncan wiring and possibly see what is different so we can correct and make me happy as pickups are AMAIZING .(For 320 $ no wonder, right?) Click image for larger version

Name:	Wiring 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	5849295Click image for larger version

Name:	Wiring.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	5849296
    Last edited by TotalHummbacking; 10-06-2018, 12:59 PM.

Re: Seymour Duncan Custom Shop Antiquity Hummbuckers Help

That wiring is series when both pickups are selected.....rather than the parallel that the switch gives you. Same as the bridge pickup wiring - OOP is only ever of value when the two are selected, but the pickup itself is running in series mode either way.

In that diagram series will be selected when the PP is in the up position.

If you are meaning that the PP now connects the pickups OOP in the middle as standard, it is simply a case of reversing the lugs where the green and black pickup wires are located

Comment

Re: Seymour Duncan Custom Shop Antiquity Hummbuckers Help

This was way to complicated ,and we opted for : Series(standard wiring)- when pots are "down", and parallel when I pull up, neck or bridge pickup. Never cared about phase thing, but couldn't find wiring for Series-Parallel. It's working perfect now, and highly suggesting "Antiquity" hummbuckers. Amazing tone and response.

Comment

Working...
      X