banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this master series-parallel wiring diagram seem valid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does this master series-parallel wiring diagram seem valid?

Great ! Good luck with the upcoming soldering job. Let us know how it goes and what you think of the new In Series mode.
    Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_TriPpEr View Post
      Good luck with the upcoming soldering job. Let us know how it goes and what you think of the new In Series mode.
      Thanks man! I'm wiring it up as we speak, I'm actually kinda grateful to only be working with two pots at this point haha

Comment

Originally posted by DenDenDen View Post
        Thanks man! I'm wiring it up as we speak, I'm actually kinda grateful to only be working with two pots at this point haha
        Haha
        Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Well, I got it all in the guitar last week with two pots (and two dummy pots) and it works great! It was my first time working on electronics for a hollow body, and I didn't enjoy that. Yesterday I switched my Mustang to this wiring which changes one of the stock switches to serve the same function as the push/pull in my 335 and I love that too. Gotta say I love Fenders for how you can just wire up a pickguard and then drop it in. Working on that was a dream.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Aug16_PG_CLM_Mod-Garage_WEB.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	5821088

Comment

Well, I got it all in the guitar last week with two pots (and two dummy pots) and it works great! It was my first time working on electronics for a hollow body, and I didn't enjoy that. Yesterday I switched my Mustang to this wiring which changes one of the stock switches to serve the same function as the push/pull in my 335 and I love that too. Gotta say I love Fenders for how you can just wire up a pickguard and then drop it in. Working on that was a dream.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]105771[/ATTACH]
            Congrats!

One alternative method for non-pickguard based guitars that makes wiring them at least a little easier, is to create a cardboard template of the control cavity and where its components sit within, then remove all the components, poke them through the template to hold them in place, and do your connections soldering there on the template outside the guitar.

If you feel making a template is too much work, you could still minimally remove components from the guitar to wire each one, then re-install it. I always do that at a minimum. I feel too cramped trying to reach into the cavity and touch the right spot on an installed item with a soldering iron.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_TriPpEr View Post
              create a cardboard template of the control cavity and where its components sit within
              I did create a template on a serial box, which provided a nice stable base as the underside was flat against the surface of the desk. It was more getting the wiring loom in the guitar that was a bit of a pain��I did the thing where you run string through each pot hole and then tie the end round the pot shaft and pull the components into place, but the hard part was actually tightening all the nuts on the pots and jack without being able to properly grip the other side of the components. Anyway I'm sure I could find some good tips online for that sort of thing.

Comment

I did create a template on a serial box, which provided a nice stable base as the underside was flat against the surface of the desk. It was more getting the wiring loom in the guitar that was a bit of a pain��I did the thing where you run string through each pot hole and then tie the end round the pot shaft and pull the components into place, but the hard part was actually tightening all the nuts on the pots and jack without being able to properly grip the other side of the components. Anyway I'm sure I could find some good tips online for that sort of thing.
                Ah, good.

I re-read your reply from yesterday and see that i missed you saying the guitar was a hollow-body. I have heard those are tougher to work on.

Comment

Working...
                X