Give me examples of what you consider good tonal use of Chorus pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Give me examples of what you consider good tonal use of Chorus pedals

I'll go one further: Chorus isn't just as valid effect; for those of true class and style, it is the modulation effect of choice. Okay, I might be exaggerating a bit, but I think this thread also shows that chorus is usable in a lot of situations, and is a lot more versatile than it is given credit for.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirion View Post
      I'll go one further: Chorus isn't just as valid effect; for those of true class and style, it is the modulation effect of choice. .
      CALM DOWN MR Sirloin!
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I'll go one further: Chorus isn't just as valid effect; for those of true class and style, it is the modulation effect of choice. Okay, I might be exaggerating a bit, but I think this thread also shows that chorus is usable in a lot of situations, and is a lot more versatile than it is given credit for.
        I personally find it really hard to dial in right amount of chorus. For most things it's always too much until there's so little of it it doesn't make sense to have it there in the first place.

There are some things I use it for, that really sound good. Then again I never really can say whether it's better with or without the chorus...

It does get that fancy clean tone, which I can't decide whether it sounds great or painfully cheesy.

I sometimes use it for kicking up the flanger sound, when I really want to sound messy.
        "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
        Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Originally posted by Jacew View Post
          I personally find it really hard to dial in right amount of chorus. For most things it's always too much until there's so little of it it doesn't make sense to have it there in the first place.
          One word: DC-2 (I have the reissue, but haven't tried it yet). That already has the sweet spots tuned in, and works equally well when switching from clean to distortion. This is a biggie for me: If I tie myself down with a pedal, it needs to feel right for cleans, moderately distorted and heavily distorted tones; the DC-2 sits in the right spot every time.

Originally posted by Jacew View Post
          It does get that fancy clean tone, which I can't decide whether it sounds great or painfully cheesy.
          Chances are that your ears think it sounds great, but that you have been conditioned to think it sounds cheesy. Abandon the latter for chorus enlightenment.
          Last edited by Sirion; 12-23-2018, 04:06 AM.

Comment

One word: DC-2 (I have the reissue, but haven't tried it yet). That already has the sweet spots tuned in, and works equally well when switching from clean to distortion. This is a biggie for me: If I tie myself down with a pedal, it needs to feel right for cleans, moderately distorted and heavily distorted tones; the DC-2 sits in the right spot every time.

Chances are that your ears think it sounds great, but that you have been conditioned to think it sounds cheesy. Abandon the latter for chorus enlightenment.
            It's not that. Just that I like that dryer more ''lo-fi" type of cleans generally. That lush chorused clean sounds great, but it's too overused for me to like it personally. Same reason I don't like to use wah.

I've been really interested about DC-2. I was close of getting one when saw it on sale in classifieds year ago, but 240e price tag was too steep for a chorus pedal for me.
            "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
            Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Yep, they don't come cheap. I would expect the prices of the used ones to go down now that there is a reissue.

Comment

Working...
              X