Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Give me examples of what you consider good tonal use of Chorus pedals

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
    hes running four hp tweed twins 3/4 the way up, he uses the tc to cut some of the bass. his tone is plenty fat as it is
    Joe? I think two of the Twins have been swapped for Dumbles, so yeah. It'd take a lot of chorus pedals to screw that up.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

it was originally two twins, two bassmans. then four twins. then two twins, two dumbles. my buddy who saw him recently said looked like four twins again but who knows. the chorus is basically all the way down, i dont hear it unless there are only one or two amps running. with all four, it doesnt sound chorused at all

Comment

Modulated delay, totally different deal. As opposed to a delayed signal that is modulated - oh wait....
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
          Well, let me be more specific:

ANY Chorus application to Bass Guitar i.e. Journey or Ratt

Most any Hair Metal Super Strat stuff I've seen/heard on this forum where people are bragging about their "tone"

Most any big heavy distorted chorus thing I've heard

I guess I'm learning for clean it doesnt really bother me.
          I’m also not a fan of Billy Sheehan’s wall of chorus bass tone.

Comment

How about the entire No More Tears album. Love that tone, especially S.I.N.

Comment

Trainspotter

"...the real key is a good warm delay and lots of lysergic acid diethylamid"

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                Well, let me be more specific:

ANY Chorus application to Bass Guitar i.e. Journey or Ratt

Most any Hair Metal Super Strat stuff I've seen/heard on this forum where people are bragging about their "tone"

Most any big heavy distorted chorus thing I've heard

I guess I'm learning for clean it doesnt really bother me.
                Well, there were at least two names there, although they are bands and refer to bassists. I guess I'm not the right guy to find examples for you, as I suspect that I love all the categories mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon View Post
                  “Unchain the Night” on Dokken’s Under Lock and Key.
                  I was thinking about this last night actually owing to this thread: How empty wouldn't George's clean tones sound without chorus? I can't really think of any other effect that would have worked there, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
                    I always thought Andy Summers was a flange sound as well. I’m sure there are songs with the chorus too but I think primarily that was a flange.
                    Chorus is to flange as overdrive is to distortion. There's a certain amount of overlap. :P
                    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

hes running four hp tweed twins 3/4 the way up, he uses the tc to cut some of the bass. his tone is plenty fat as it is
                      Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
                      Joe? I think two of the Twins have been swapped for Dumbles, so yeah. It'd take a lot of chorus pedals to screw that up.
                      it was originally two twins, two bassmans. then four twins. then two twins, two dumbles. my buddy who saw him recently said looked like four twins again but who knows. the chorus is basically all the way down, i dont hear it unless there are only one or two amps running. with all four, it doesnt sound chorused at all
                      He's using 4 Tweed Twins now. His JB signature amps. I think one or two of them may be older vintage models but he has at least one of his recent sig amps out there. His Rig Rundown video that's fairly recent shows them. He's got a massive live tone. Very simple rig really.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
                        I’m also not a fan of Billy Sheehan’s wall of chorus bass tone.
                        Sheehan is a guitarist masquerading as a bass player. You have to judge his tone as that of a really down tuned guitar, not really a bass.
                        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Bootsy Collins uses a lot of chorus on his tone and still seems to get work.

Comment

Comment

I like the way (Dean?) DeLeo used chorus to fatten up his crunchy ass guitars in STP. I prefer it more subtle than the tones that probably pop into your head, but it's a cool sound IMO.
                              Originally posted by Rockstar216
                              Musician thinking - nice strat, looks like a 62, that Marshall JCM 800 sounds great, the lead guitarist could use a bit less treble

Bar patron thinking - Wonder if these guys know "Free bird"?

Comment

We love chorus, don’t ignorus
                                Originally posted by Bad City
                                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                                X