Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: True Bypass .... fact or fiction ?

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
    In fairness, those are pretty niche cases. In the big picture, the development of FET switching and consistent input/output impedance was a huge step forward for guitarists.
    Fuzz Faces have had true bypass switching since the beginning, one of the few vintage pedals that did have it.
    Al

Comment

A terrible tone sucker (even when the pedal switch is not engaged) is the Whammy second version (the black one).
      Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Comment

Get a pedal, plug it in. If you like it keep it, if it sucks get rid of it. I never factor in true bypass when buying a pedal. It either sounds great or it is gone.

Comment

As long as you never turn your pedal off, the type of bypass doesn't matter at all. :P
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Comment

I recently bought EHX Micro Pog. I might post some kind of review about it in future, but I'm still wrapping my head around what it can do and how to use it.

I use right after Big Muff in my chain. Trying it after buffered Korg DT-10 it started to make hideous wailing noises when upper octave anywhere over 0. Playing it before seemed to work.

Being buffered it did made annoying plasticky sheen on my tone. It was subtle enough to take some time to figure out what was wrong exactly tonewise.

I was already looking how to mod it true bypass when decided to try to switch Korg for true bypass (I installed switch for that when I bought it). It fixed it right up. Apparently those two just don't work together.

Example of why you don't want multiple buffered pedals in your chain.
              "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
              Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

It makes your tone come alive, more sustain, you push the amp harder while still retaining your instrument real character, it is a talent booster on its own. And it helps digital modelers too, I modded a friend's Helix and put true bypass switches, I think everybody out there should try it.
                Who took my guitar?

Comment

Can we talk about Abortion, Religion, Tonewoods or Politics next?

“For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by IMENATOR View Post
                    It makes your tone come alive, more sustain, you push the amp harder while still retaining your instrument real character, it is a talent booster on its own. And it helps digital modelers too, I modded a friend's Helix and put true bypass switches, I think everybody out there should try it.
                    Unless the non-true bypass pedal you're refering to actually has good transparent buffer with boost ability... which turns that other way around.
                    "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                    Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

Tone woods had been done to death but the other 3 topics should be fresh. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by IMENATOR View Post
                        Maybe 10 years ago that was true, but nowadays you've got it backwards. Most buffered pedals these days are extremely transparent outside of a few budget brands (Behringer is a big culprit in my experience).
                        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                        Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

Can we Talk about Proper Capitalization next?
                          You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                          Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
                            too Risky -that One Might bring The forum Down.
                            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
                              Also -topic, subject or course titles are capitalized in the English language.

Start a new thread and we can battle.

Comment

Oh sh*t!!!

IT’S ON

Comment

Working...
                                X