HHx Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HHx Guitars

I have a few questions about this particular pickup layout.

First, what does the middle pickup only position sound like and what are the best pickups for this position?

Second, what does the middle and bridge in parallel position sound like?

Third, has anyone tried the "slutbucker" mod in the middle position?

Re: HHx Guitars

It's an enormous improvement for a rock setup imo. The middle on its own is more cutting but still a suitable rhythm sound. You don't have to switch from jazzy neck to cutting bridge. Also you can fake stratty sounds in bridge/middle position which is helpful or if you need a darker rhythm sound. You could get any pickups to balance I'm sure depending on what sound you're going for. I went for a rock sound and made hybrids with a Mayhem set. You could also use PAFs too if you wanted a janglier sound. I can make a recording for you by Xmaz of my HHx. I'd say the heat range you'd wanna go for depending on what bridge you're balancing with would be an 8k 59 - a 13k Distortion.
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Comment

I'm interested to hear other people's opinions, but to me the middle position is more like the bridge position than the neck position. It has bright mid tones like the bridge position, but less actual highs and not as much of the harmonic overtones. IMO its generally good to choose a bright pickup for the middle position to avoid it getting too muddy or bassy. With the right pickup choice there can be great dynamics and transients without compression.

Comment

Anybody else try one? Or even a Black Beauty?

Comment

Working...
        X