Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Friendly Solo Contest 2

Originally posted by BriGuy1968 View Post
    You just need to get it in sometime before the Internet expires.
    LOL good answer

Sorry I just saw this thread let me see what I can do

Some neat takes on it so far, good job folks
    Last edited by Wattage; 02-25-2019, 12:19 AM.
    My Bands -
    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
    GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
      LOL good answer

Sorry I just saw this thread let me see what I can do

Some neat takes on it so far, good job folks
      FINALLY!!! LOL!!!

I've just been killing time 'til you got here (as I'm sure you'll see from the content of at least two of my posts on this thread)!!! LOL!!!

Now where's that @Aceman??? LOL!!!

And where is the OP??? The list of submissions needs to be updated. Might be the only time I ever see my name in lights!!! LOL!!!

Comment

I got a new toy. Really fun thing

Took couple of test runs with it.

Last edited by Jacew; 02-25-2019, 01:09 PM.
        "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
        Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Dude... I dunno what new toy that is... But I sure do hope it has a warranty...

And if you’re saying this is better than your first version (which I don’t see on this thread but it is on your SoundCloud channel)... Sorry to break the bad news to you... But no it ain’t!!! LOL!!!

P.S.

I assume it’s an Octave pedal or something???
          Last edited by dpaterson; 02-25-2019, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dpaterson View Post
            Dude... I dunno what new toy that is... But I sure do hope it has a warranty...

And if you’re saying this is better than your first version (which I don’t see on this thread but it is on your SoundCloud channel)... Sorry to break the bad news to you... But no it ain’t!!! LOL!!!
            No you don't get it. It supposed to sound like that

Actually I listened that again after posting it (and edited my post). I did recall it to be much worse than it actually was... Damn...

Still don't quite like the tone in that.
            "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"

Comment

Is it an Octave pedal or something like that (don’t think you saw my earlier question)???

Comment

Is it an Octave pedal or something like that (don’t think you saw my earlier question)???
                EHX Frequency Analyzer. It adds a note lower to the key (and higher as well if set with a switch), which is controllable by two knobs with different frequency sweep: Basically every note outside the root starts to get all sorts of funky dissonances. Makes lead playing like dancing on a minefield with some really sweet overtones emerging when you hit the right note.

Really a weird thing that needs some work to figure out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacew View Post
                  I got a new toy. Really fun thing

Took couple of test runs with it.

Got an error. I’ve been wanting to buy an EHX FA for a while!

Comment

So version number three:

Comment

Hey, hey.

I assume that's without your new toy??? Sounds better anyway. You take it back to the shop or what??? LOL!!!

Now listen. Just tryin' to help here.

Nice. Much better. And I can see where it's going i.e. I can feel and hear your idea right up until 0:36. But at 0:37 something goes distinctly pear shaped I'm afraid. Maybe also wouldn't hurt to mix the guitar down just a notch and maybe add some delay and reverb maybe??? But that's a personal choice of course.

But hey: if nothing else you're at least taking the time and going to trouble of submitting stuff. Good on you.

Comment

Hey, hey.

I assume that's without your new toy??? Sounds better anyway. You take it back to the shop or what??? LOL!!!

Now listen. Just tryin' to help here.

Nice. Much better. And I can see where it's going i.e. I can feel and hear your idea right up until 0:36. But at 0:37 something goes distinctly pear shaped I'm afraid. Maybe also wouldn't hurt to mix the guitar down just a notch and maybe add some delay and reverb maybe??? But that's a personal choice of course.

But hey: if nothing else you're at least taking the time and going to trouble of submitting stuff. Good on you.
                        It doesn't really have "an idea" in it... Just improvisation. What the heck means pear shaped?

It actually does have both delay and reverb. Sounds just right in room, but recording might warrant a bit more.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacew View Post
                          What the heck means pear shaped?

Comment

Well in this instance: "pear shaped" means out of tune (as in notes that don't fit with the key of the track) and therefore a bit hard on the ears (at least between 0:37 and 1:10). Not quite sure of another nice way to explain.

Reverb and delay: must be a nice big room!!! LOL!!!

Listen up. Don't get upset. Just giving you my opinion is all.

Comment

Well in this instance: "pear shaped" means out of tune (as in notes that don't fit with the key of the track) and therefore a bit hard on the ears (at least between 0:37 and 1:10). Not quite sure of another nice way to explain.

Reverb and delay: must be a nice big room!!! LOL!!!

Listen up. Don't get upset. Just giving you my opinion is all.
                              No offense taken. It's always good to get feedback for improvement.

I wasn't sure if you meant "doesn't go nowhere" with "pear shaped". I was holding it back up to the major part, and I agree it did came up bit off sounding.

Earlier revision I actually played Locrian through first part and the ending for the same effect.

BTW: I like my echoes subtle.

Comment

Why would you play Locrian?
                                This song is in E Aeolian/G Ionian.
                                The music dictates what you play, not the other way around.

Comment

Working...
                                X