Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Friendly Solo Contest 2

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
    Here’s one. Hesitation clams and all...eff it!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5i2vhl9qmn...0Solo.mp3?dl=0
    Great job with "theme-ing"... great tone too.

Comment

Originally posted by BriGuy1968 View Post
      Sounds great man! [emoji41][emoji1303]
      Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
      Sweet! Liked the melodies..especially when "pt2" (after the intro) takes off..nice bends/highs.
      Originally posted by LLL View Post
      Great job with "theme-ing"... great tone too.
      Thanks guys! Much appreciated.

Comment

Ok. Got something I dare to upload:

Took six attempts to get it there. That's not an easy track to play over indeed! Great practice.

EDIT: Just listened through other songs. Damn great stuff! Made me think I should have went for wettier sound too. Seems to fit in much better.
        Last edited by Jacew; 01-31-2019, 01:52 PM.
        "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
        Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Originally posted by Jacew View Post
          Ok. Got something I dare to upload:

Took six attempts to get it there. That's not an easy track to play over indeed! Great practice.

EDIT: Just listened through other songs. Damn great stuff! Made me think I should have went for wettier sound too. Seems to fit in much better.
          What gear were you using on the recording? I kind of like the basic cleanish tone you were getting . . . but yeah, a little 'verb or delay wouldn't have been out of place. :P
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
            What gear were you using on the recording? I kind of like the basic cleanish tone you were getting . . . but yeah, a little 'verb or delay wouldn't have been out of place. :P
            Strat Middle SSL-5 to Egnater Rebel 20 with G12H.

I actually had reverb there, but turned it down because it sounded excessive. Only realized later on it wasn't reverb in earlier recording, but the fact I had forgot to dial out monitors when recording causing the effect...

Haven't been recording with this cab before and not really digging tones I was getting. I need to revisit this in sunday if I have time.
            "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
            Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Ok. I think that I'm done screwing around with this one. Here it is. https://soundcloud.com/demanic-1/sey...ad-track-vs-20

Comment

Sweet! Nice bit of shredding at the end there
                "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

I was particularly fond of the delay.

Comment

Yeah, it works. Was that your spider valve?

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

My Schecter Blackjack (A459n/RCUOA5JB) into my Spidervalve out through my vented closed back 2X12 with a Texas Heat/Swamp Thang combo. The preset was called "Black", and consisted of a jumped Plexi model with a simulated Chandler Tube Drive in front. Some sort of hybrid digital/analog chorus (when used) along with a tape delay sim (tap tempo). Recorded with my Zoom H4, one condenser about 6' back and a dynamic mic on the Swamp Thang close up.

Comment

I'd really like to pick up a Swamp thang someday ..killer speakers. A guy I know has a fantastic sounding 2x12 with one of them paired with a 'Screamin Eagle I think it was

Youtube

Comment

Eminence recommends pairing the Texas Heat with the Swamp Thang. Now I understand why.
                          Not to mention that they are each rated at 150 watts RMS.
                          Which makes my 2x12 a 300 watt cab.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah, that's the usual pairing & it sounds killer, but the screamin' eagle, which does'nt really seem to be a that great sounding a speaker on it's own (I think it's even discontinued?) works really well in that cab...

Youtube

Comment

That's cool.
                              Judge with your ears.
                              I think that what made me stay away from the Eagle was that it was only rated at 75 watts.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Oy. The list of submissions needs to be updated (or are you just waiting for me?? LOL???).

Quite surprised at the lack of submissions given the number of members there are on these forums. To date it’s pretty much only a few of “the usual suspects” (and I mean that in a nice way I assure you) that have contributed.
                                Last edited by dpaterson; 02-11-2019, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X