Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tremolo/Vibrato

Originally posted by Chickenwings View Post
    ive been using the boss one for a number of years. Sounds just as good as the trem on my vintage amps.
    I have a TR-2 on my board now and it gets the job done.

In the grand scheme of things the Demeter Tremulator is better if you're after an analog tremolo that sounds like a vintage amp, but IMO it isn't better enough to justify the cost premium.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Cough, cough

-Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
      “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

The Behringers are probably clones of the TR-2 and VB-2. If they are accurate, that wouldn’t be bad.

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
        It’s a first for me.
        But hey, now I know and....

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
          The Behringers are probably clones of the TR-2 and VB-2. If they are accurate, that wouldn’t be bad.

True, but as many times as Behringer has directly stolen exact products and replicated them with cheaper labor means I usually would pick a different brand.

Rather spend a little more to support innovation -they are intellectual criminals in the audio world.
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

I use a Strymon Flint for the tap tempo -its more powerful and flexible than the Boss -but expensive and Harmonic Tremelo setting is absolutely magical. -plus you get a powerful reverb incase I use backline without reverb. Great but pricey pedal
            I got the walrus audio monument for a harmonic trem because that Flint was out of my pedalboards power range, and my price range. Though it is very nice that it has reverb too. Does it have any features that aren't obvious from looking at it?
            Last edited by rainsong86; 01-16-2019, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rainsong86 View Post
              I got the walrus audio monument for a harmonic trem because that Flint was out of my pedalboards power range, and my price range. Though it is very nice that it has reverb too. Does it have any features that aren't obvious from looking at it?
              Walrus is good stuff

The FLint does have a host of secondary functions not obvious on by looking at the pedal

I'm pasting them in because it's probably easier

Here's what you see:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-01-16 21.42.59.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	5812623

Here's the secondary functions you don't which are really where you tailor your personality:

Name:	Screenshot 2019-01-16 21.43.09.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	5812624

Backplane functions

Name:	Screenshot 2019-01-16 21.43.26.jpg
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	5812625

Accessing presets from button settings:

Name:	Screenshot 2019-01-16 21.43.38.jpg
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	5812622

Sample settings

Name:	Screenshot 2019-01-16 21.44.25.jpg
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	5812626
              Last edited by NegativeEase; 01-17-2019, 06:13 AM.
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

It's really cool that you can select any knob to be controlled by an expression pedal. I was also assumed that those old fender amp designs had the tremelo going into the reverb and not vice versa. I've noticed most people putting tremolo before reverb on their pedalboards

Comment

Originally posted by rainsong86 View Post
                  It's really cool that you can select any knob to be controlled by an expression pedal. I was also assumed that those old fender amp designs had the tremelo going into the reverb and not vice versa. I've noticed most people putting tremolo before reverb on their pedalboards
                  I run tremelo into reverb -reverb into tremelo is pretty dramatic.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                    I run tremelo into reverb -reverb into tremelo is pretty dramatic.
                    I have my board set reverb -> tremolo because that's how vintage Fender amps were done. I'm guessing they put the reverb circuit first so that the tremolo wouldn't mess with the reverb mix. No idea if that's actually why, but IMO it sounds good and makes sense.
                    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
                      I have my board set reverb -> tremolo because that's how vintage Fender amps were done. I'm guessing they put the reverb circuit first so that the tremolo wouldn't mess with the reverb mix. No idea if that's actually why, but IMO it sounds good and makes sense.
                      Definitely sounds great either way..... just subtle with reverb last and more present with tremolo last.

Comment

Based on the original post - ignore these Boring Boss responses, and stick it to the Strymon fanboy's.

You NEED this:

However - Dr. Tremolo is in. What exactly are your needs?
                        Originally posted by Bad City
                        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                          Based on the original post - ignore these Boring Boss responses, and stick it to the Strymon fanboy's.

You NEED this:

However - Dr. Tremolo is in. What exactly are your needs?
                          That looks nice...and simple - perfect for Stage use. These people who play live shows and use pedals like Chase Bliss are psychopaths IMO.

Comment

Jist out of curiosity, which of these does the single historically significant clearly recognizable use of heavy FX Tremolo by...well, anyone, ever?

Namely:
                            The Smiths - How Soon is Now
                            "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Originally posted by Adieu View Post
                              Jist out of curiosity, which of these does the single historically significant clearly recognizable use of heavy FX Tremolo by...well, anyone, ever?

Namely:
                              R.E.M.

Crush with Eyeliner
                              Originally posted by Bad City
                              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Adieu View Post

Namely:
                                You shut your mouth, how can you say, these guys are going about Tremelo the wrong way?

Comment

Working...
                                X