Got Myself A Univibe Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Myself A Univibe Today

I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but when I stopped by my house to drop my school stuff off, it was on my door step. Does anyone have any tips or tricks for using it? And what songs should I learn that best showcase the effect?

Pictures and a preliminary review are to follow as soon as I get back home.

Re: Got Myself A Univibe Today

Funny, I was just messing with a Univibe patch on my Line 6 last night.
    Got a really good Lifeson sound, circa '76.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

My top Univibe songs are Breathe, Machine Gun, Too Rolling Stoned, Blue on Black and Alive.

Just treat it like a Phaser, try before and after Fuzz and dirt (I like it before) and have fun.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
        My top Univibe songs are Breathe, Machine Gun, Too Rolling Stoned, Blue on Black and Alive.

Just treat it like a Phaser, try before and after Fuzz and dirt (I like it before) and have fun.
        +1

I replaced the Phase 90 on my board with a Univibe because I liked being able to adjust the speed with the treadle.
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
          ...Too Rolling Stoned...
          I've been on a huge Robin Trower kick lately. That Bridge of Sighs album is just the best.
          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

A quick and subtle Univibe before a slow whooshing phaser is a thing of beauty on a clean tone, if of course used in the proper context. But for more general use, I use mine almost exactly the same as I would a chorus.
            You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
            Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Depending on the pedal, it should have a vibrato/chorus toggle - get to feel the difference of each mode - though not radically different, they’re different enough to make it two pedals.

I use a Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe 2 - all across its settings - but one specific tip is to have the unit always on (Vibe mode) with both time and intensity at about 4/10 - you likely won’t be able to tell it’s on... until you turn it off, which is when you’ll want to turn it back on again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X