banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SD friendly forum solo contest 2 ~ Alternate. reject & fail takes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SD friendly forum solo contest 2 ~ Alternate. reject & fail takes!

Turned this around on it's head for a bit of fun

Did'nt think it could work but surprisingly it's not bad

Middleastern/Indian hard rock jam..

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

The only fail here was that I used a pretty ****ty / cheesy sounding patch from the Zoom pedal..wanted some chorus in there for the right vibe, but this patch pretty much sucked
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Great idea!!!!!!
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Well, after playing all afternoon, I'm proud to say that I can post at least one fail.
        https://soundcloud.com/demanic-1/bounce02

Comment

Here's another version
          https://soundcloud.com/demanic-1/bounce01

Comment

Dude....DOOOOOOOOOOMMM!!!! Your're in the wrong thread..post it up there in the contest thread.. that second version especially is pure WIN

Not kidding. It's both a different/interesting approach & very listenable. You did a great job with that

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
              Great idea!!!!!!
              I burst with them

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
                Dude....DOOOOOOOOOOMMM!!!! Your're in the wrong thread..post it up there in the contest thread.. that second version especially is pure WIN

Not kidding. It's both a different/interesting approach & very listenable. You did a great job with that
                Yes, they have elements. But I know that I can do better. Not fantastically, but some of the phrasing can be cleaner.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

W/e floats your boat..until then feel free to keep posting in here ..I was beginning to feel just echoes

Youtube

Comment

I'm just getting warmed up.

Comment

More rejection (with a touch of failure in the middle there) ... 2 more takes

Used a preset from my old Boss GT-6 straight out to the looper for these..

Keep screwing up in the middle there...haha. Is it just me or is it the riff?? Some things are a bit tough to improv over ..this one fits the bill. I keep going blank & kinda stumble/struggle through it

..that last riff (before the clean) is the exact opposite..it's pure butter to tap/shred/whatever over

Youtube

Comment

It's not the riff. You are doing what I keep doing: over thinking it.

Comment

Could be yeah...it's possible... though I don't do much thinking as a rule (it gets in the way of my playing )

That's why I love playing drunk

Youtube

Comment

Which gives me an idea

Youtube

Comment

I have a few more forthcoming.

Comment

..bring them on..

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                                X