banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great - Cheap - Used - Small bass amp ( hidden jem)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Great - Cheap - Used - Small bass amp ( hidden jem)

Guys thank you, going to get the rumble! and let u know...

Comment

I have heard a bunch of bass players with nothing but love for Fender Rumbles
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

1- Trace Elliott Elf head with TE 2x8" cab or Ampeg SVT210AV cab
        2- GK MB210 combo
        3- Ampeg BA112 or BA210 combo

Personally I'm using an Avid Eleven Rack with an EV ZLX12P powered PA cab. Using for both guitar and bass (but I added an EV Zxa1 sub lately). I'm also using an Ampeg SCR-DI preamp pedal direct to the EV cab with great result for home practice and small jams with friends. Not using my bass amp anymore (I am bass player first and guitar player on occasion). If you have a powered PA cab with DSP (mandatory or there's a good chance the speaker will fart), then just add a bass preamp pedal (Tech21, Ampeg, MXR, etc), very surprised with the result.

Comment

I have a Hartke KB12, it also comes in a 15 version. Lightweight (ply cab, neo spkr), enough for smaller gigs on its own, and has a direct out if you need to run into the PA. Hartke lists it at 500 watts, but my understanding is they're using peak output. I think that idling it's 250. Still, a good amp.

$450 new for the KB 12, a , so if a Rumble can handle your needs, that would save you a fair amount.

Comment

What style of music are interested in OP?

-for a smoother more connected and rolling sound -you want 1x15 speaker -Yorkville were pretty much the greatest secret in the Bass world IMO -they dont make bass stuff right now though

any used Yorkville 90s 200b and 00s BM200 are just amazing -and $100 to $200 on reverb

for punchier and tighter more accurate bass tones (yet less smooth and very revealing and for a beginner you will sound worse lol) you want 10" speakers

I'd probably go with an older Yorkville, Gallien Kruger or Hartke combo for $100 for $150 used on Reverb

“For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

+1 on Yorkville. I've got an XM100 with a 15 inch speaker, and it's just about perfect for practice and low volume jamming. Light enough to be easy to move around. Very flexible EQ, effects loop, DI out for recording stuff. I picked mine up used for 180$ (Canadian) several years ago and have no complaints.
              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Playing a backyard gig with my Rumble 40 tonight. We'll see how it goes. It worked fine at the restaurant gig a few months ago.
                Originally posted by LesStrat
                Yogi Berra was correct.
                Originally posted by JOLLY
                I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Backyard might be a bit different. Bass frequencies dissipate quickly in open spaces.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                    Backyard might be a bit different. Bass frequencies dissipate quickly in open spaces.

My prediction exactly...though I don't want to haul in a big rig, as it's a somewhat treacherous multi-tier back yard with tons of nooks and crannies, stepping stones, plants, stairs, shacks, tables, chairs, etc. Besides, I want to be lazy and drunk, and it really doesn't matter if my bass doesn't sound 100 percent; it's a very informal deal with a bunch of old local punk-geezer crusties, at our drummer's brother's house. The Rumble 40 is so light that I can literally carry it with my pinky finger, and it can ride shotgun in my Challenger, with no need to borrow my wife's mini-SUV.

The other thing is that one guitarist plays a Blues Junior, and the other a 1x12 Egnater, so I won't be playing against stacks or anything.

At least we play in a little semi-blocked-in concrete cove of the yard.
                    Last edited by ItsaBass; 06-01-2019, 06:56 PM.
                    Originally posted by LesStrat
                    Yogi Berra was correct.
                    Originally posted by JOLLY
                    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

I have a Peavey TNT 130 for those situations.

Comment

Working...
                      X