Aceman? No - It's Baceman!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aceman? No - It's Baceman!!!!!

Nice rig Aceman. I'd never heard of that Ampeg pre before. I wonder how she compares to the EH Battalion?

Comment

I looked at the EHX Battalion when I was shopping for a bass preamp with DI. The Ampeg SCR-DI has the obvious Ampeg sound (!!!), even bypassed, and liked the SCR better (I never go passed 12 o'clock) then the distortion on the Battalion for the sound I was looking for. Very easy to have a good sound out of the Ampeg SCR-DI. I liked the EHX Battalion a lot at first then the more I was listening to the demos, the more I found the distortion too "fuzz" and not enough "tube amp".

The Ampeg SCR-DI is designed to go direct FOH and has a built-in hi-cut so it doesn't sound fizzy even with SCR engaged. Plus aux-in for bedroom practice with IEM when the kids are asleep.

2 similar products but 2 different sounds. IMO, Ampeg SCR-DI for a more vintage sound, EHX Battalion for a more modern sound.

Comment

Nice review. I may have to look closer at one. Thanks.
        Last edited by ArtieToo; 05-03-2019, 08:31 PM. Reason: left out "look"

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
          So I finally got my Uber-zen bass rig all together. Here she is in all its glory! Let me know what you all think...

Basses:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]95685[/ATTACH]

1. "Ms. Jackson" - my main all around 4 string. A Jackson JS Concert. Great action, super player.

2. A Dean Sledgehammer 5 String - this is my 5 string go-to (Because it's my only 5 string!). got it from our bass player who replaced the Active pup with a passive.

3. A Dean "Metalman" 4 string - Pink duct tape added by me. Bass players who play it really dig the sound.

And my ultra low key rig:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]95684[/ATTACH]

Bass >

Boss Limiter Enhancer - an on all-the-time pedal >

Boss EQ - set for swapping between Jackson and Dean to keep it all level, lead boost, etc. >

Amp SCR-DI - for my basic Pre-amping and I can add a little fur/grind with that also >

Whatever board, powered amp, or whatever I want. I have a 12" Sampson powered monitor I use a lot
          What does the Limit Enhancer thing actually do?
          "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

It's a compressor. Mainly it keeps bass notes from exploding all over the sound spectrum too loudly. It puts a cap on the max volume. That's a problem when you have a lot of power applied to notes that low, but also have higher notes available. Especially when your right hand technique sucks like mine!
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              I have a Squier Jazz Bass, stock, with my Fractal. It sounds great.

Squire V/M Jazz & Precision basses are pretty good for the price.
              "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
              "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
              "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Really love my Squier VM Jazz 5 natural.

Comment

Working...
                X