ADA MP-1 Direct In Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADA MP-1 Direct In Test

While waiting on parts (coin battery holder) for my ADA MP-1 mod (time to change battery which is soldered in place); thought I'd run it
    through its paces.

Direct in to DAW, speaker iR, EQ, touch of Lexicon. Just learned the tune; pardon the rust.

Re: ADA MP-1 Direct In Test

**** Yeah! Did you just pick that up? Sounds like you and I are going to need to share some settings my friend.

My only advice on these riffs is to just dig in a bit more.

If you haven't tried the Michael Wagener settings (white lion, extreme, skid row records all used this) then giv'er a whirl:

Overdrive 1 : 4.0 dist
    Overdrive 2 : 5.5 dist
    Master Gain : 7.5 dist
    Bass : 12
    Mid : 6
    Treb : 6
    Pres : 12
    Voicing : .tube
    FX loop : off
    TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Kamanda~SD View Post
      **** Yeah! Did you just pick that up? Sounds like you and I are going to need to share some settings my friend.

My only advice on these riffs is to just dig in a bit more.

If you haven't tried the Michael Wagener settings (white lion, extreme, skid row records all used this) then giv'er a whirl:

Overdrive 1 : 4.0 dist
      Overdrive 2 : 5.5 dist
      Master Gain : 7.5 dist
      Bass : 12
      Mid : 6
      Treb : 6
      Pres : 12
      Voicing : .tube
      FX loop : off
      No, I've had this unit since 1989 Along with the B200S and MC-1...

Any settings I may have had are lost because the coin battery finally died (after decades). Hence the mod.

Yeah I tried that Wagener stuff but it didn't cut the mustard for Kiss Of Death... stuck to the factory Marshall settings with .5 boost in gain.

Several years ago I loaded up a couple Chinese "Silver Specials" 12AX7s (from Lord Valve) - seem to work very well.

Comment

Hey that's pretty good. I have one of these things too
        The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Working...
        X