banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ALNICO II PRO SLASH APH-2 --> GIBSON quick connect (wiring diagram)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALNICO II PRO SLASH APH-2 --> GIBSON quick connect (wiring diagram)

Hello,

I would like to know how can I install ALNICO II PRO SLASH APH-2 PICKUPS using Gibson quick connect. I have a 2016 Gibson Les Paul Standard, when open to install, see the circuit and connectors. I bought the connector to install and use it in the board but I don't know the wiring diagram. The connectors has 5 wires and the ALNICO II PRO SLASH APH-2 PICKUPS has only 2.

I am not a professional but if someone could help I appreciate.

Thank you.
    Attached Files

Re: ALNICO II PRO SLASH APH-2 --> GIBSON quick connect (wiring diagram)

I'm pretty sure you would have to have 4-conductor pickups to make that adaptor work. When I have bought those adaptors on Ebay, they have been prewired to match color code of the set of pickups I'm using.

Comment

With a 2016 standard all of the switching will require 4-conductor pickups. That is really your best option here.

You will also need a translation for the duncan 4-way conductor colours to the way Gibson's colours are coded.

Comment

I already bought the 4-conductor pickups to install. The problem is the diagram I have to follow, from conductor to APH-2. Somebody know or can send in this post ?

Comment

Solder the red to your core “hot” wire and the black and ground to the sleeve of your connector. This should work fine. Needless to say, if your guitar has coil split or humbucker series/parallel switches, they will not work with this pickups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          "I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me."

Comment

Wait, so do you have vintage wiring or four conductor pickups?

Gibson red (hot) to Duncan black
            Gibson white to Duncan white
            Gibson green to Duncan red
            Gibson black (ground) to Duncan green

If you have vintage wire pickups, you need either the correct adapter or you could try combining the Gibson green/white and then connecting the hot and ground.
            -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
            “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

I was confused, too. I see the picture, and the question. But then the statement about 4 conductor pickups. If you have 4 conductor pickups (not 2, like the first picture), what Ayrton said should work.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I think the OP had originally Gibson 4 connector pickups. Then bought SD Slash’s pickup with the single wire connector. Hence his doubt.

Just the other day I installed a 500T on my strat build and I wired it the following way:

Red -> Hot
                White <-> Green
                Black & Bare -> Ground

For “normal” humbuckers in series operation.

This Slash pickup is similar to the 490R/498T that I have in my LP as they have the same single-conductor wire. Which is normally wired core to hot and sleeve to ground.

Therefore the translation from single- to 4-connector would be as follows:

Red = Core -> Hot
                White <-> Green (is internally done in the pickup)
                Black & Bare = Sleeve -> Ground

The white and green wires would only be used for coil splitting or series/parallel switching, which won’t be possible with the new pickup without any mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                "I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me."

Comment

Re: ALNICO II PRO SLASH APH-2 --&gt; GIBSON quick connect (wiring diagram)

I will try this information.

Thank you very much.

Comment

Re: ALNICO II PRO SLASH APH-2 --&gt; GIBSON quick connect (wiring diagram)

Originally posted by theocamargo View Post
                    I will try this information.

Thank you very much.
                    Did the solution worked for you? Can you send a picture of the installation?

Appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
                    X