New double tracker plugin just released by MeldaProduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New double tracker plugin just released by MeldaProduction

I could too, they make great production tools.
    The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Interesting...

Comment

Somebody on my DAW's forums mentioned this yesterday i.e. something called MUnison from Melda (one problem with Melda is that there are so MANY plugins that one forgets about some of them). It's a vocal doubler/harmonizer. But I just messed about with it for a few minutes and you can get some real nice guitar "doubling" with it too. Has even more parameters than MDoubleTracker.

Create harmonies with up to 50 voices

Click image for larger version

Name:	mu.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	5813021

Comment

Here you go. A new tutorial video for MDoubleTracker (dude sounds like real happy I must say i.e. he took his happy pills this morning for sure!!! LOL!!!):

P.S.

Oddly enough the email notification was sent to me by Melda but this doesn't appear to be an official Melda video i.e. was made by "Chandler Guitar" "on behalf" of Melda???

Wonder if the dude know that he's got audio dropouts (not very inspiring!!!). Hmmmnnn... Just thought I'd let him know!!! LOL!!!
          Last edited by dpaterson; 03-01-2019, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Good stuff, sounds awesome I think. Well, apart from dropouts but that's not on the plug-in

Slightly off-topic but the aforementioned TC Mimiq phasing effect can be heard in this demo:

It is nothing lethal onstage and works quite okay when used with 2 different amps / amp sims but it is no substitute for real double tracking.
            Last edited by NecroPolo; 03-01-2019, 10:54 AM.
            Wackor
            Ørdøg
            NecroPolo
            Diabolus in Musica
            SIDrip Alliance
            Book of Shadows
            RKH

Comment

Yip. My "pet hate" of all sounds. For some or the other obscure reason my brain or ears detect it the first time it rears its ugly head in a recording and from that point onward it's all I can hear (like I'm constantly looking for it from that point onward and I cannot help it).

That video ain't that bad though I'll tell you i.e. I've heard worse (normally when I've tried recording with the darn thing so I've never bothered much). And the effect is usually worse when two amps. are close together or with studio monitors i.e. when you're sitting perfectly in the middle of the studio monitors it hits you like a freight train (well me anyway).

But yeh: I agree there's no substitute for real double tracking. All of these things just widen the stereo field is all (our perception thereof).

P.S.

Just watched/listened again. The dude's sound was pretty darn good WITHOUT the MIMIQ to begin with!!! LOL!!! But the reason it's not SO bad (actually quite good with the MIMIQ actually in this video) is because he's got the "TIGHTNESS" control to minimum. Turn that thing anywhere else and you get "phased" big time.
              Last edited by dpaterson; 03-01-2019, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Seems like a decent plug for the money. Then again Melda VSTs are known to be good.

Comment

Working...
                X