I Can Haz Hearing Aid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Can Haz Hearing Aid?

EDIT: We're actually working on recreating this. A new thread will be started once we have finalized a backing track.

We are looking for contributors (doing a pure cover here)...

Last edited by LLL; 03-01-2019, 12:01 PM.

Re: I Can Haz Hearing Aid?

Best collab track ever.. by far! Nicely done, though I'm missing the vocals ...& solo's
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Oh yes. Oh yes. Oh yes.

Obviously I’d be along raving about this one!!! LOL!!!

Love that tone.

Great way to start the day for me.

Is that a MIDI backing track by any chance??? Only reason I ask is because I’d be interested in hearing you play over Vinnie Appice’s drum kit and Jimmy Bain’s bass. Maybe even add some subtle keys. Then shove it through Lurssen or T-RackS 5 One. Maybe even iZotope 8 Advanced. Hell: must be some vocalists around here that would be prepared to lend their voices and collaborate??? You know: maybe do a Metal Allegiance type trip??? “We have the technology...” as Gary Moore would say!!!

You know: we could even take this further and make a video. Everyone does their bit and I’ll stitch it all together nice in MAGIX Vegas Pro???

I may not be the greatest guitarist but this sh*t I can do (production). And well too given half the chance.

So c’mon. Whadda ya all say huh??? Any takers??? LLL???

P.S.

Vocalists don’t be afraid of the challenge (if LLL is game) i.e. Dio’s voice isn’t that prominent in this thing so nothing to worry about!!! LOL!!!

P.P.S.

Must be a sign. This post pushed me to “Toneologist”!!! LOL!!!

P.P.P.S.

C’mon. Let’s start “Bringing Back The Balls To Rock” (Lordi).

See what this sh*t does to me first thing in the morning??? LOL!!!

P.P.P.P.S.

This not a widely covered song either just by the way. Could end up with a sh*tpile of hits on YouTube if done proper???

Also not a Dio song per se so appeals to a much wider audience (sad but true!!! LOL!!!).

P.P.P.P.P.S.

Would be a collaboration of a collaboration. Has that been done before??? LOL!!!

Have I made my case yet??? LOL???
      Last edited by dpaterson; 02-18-2019, 12:14 AM.

Comment

The backing (the drums at the very least) I recognize as being from Guitar Pro 6 software. I can sing Dio style pretty well.
        The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Right. There we go. Our first vocalist.

LLL??? Given that it’s your thread and tone you gotta sanction this...

With regard to drums and bass:

I got BFD3 with Vinnie’s kit and the realism is really and truly out of this world. For bass I have IKM’s MODO Bass. But wait. There’s bass players around these parts???

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
            Best collab track ever.. by far! Nicely done, though I'm missing the vocals ...& solo's
            Hehe yeah it was one of those, "hey let's try this" things.

Comment

Originally posted by dpaterson View Post
              Oh yes. Oh yes. Oh yes.

Love that tone.

Great way to start the day for me.

Is that a MIDI backing track by any chance??? Only reason I ask is because I’d be interested in hearing you play over Vinnie Appice’s drum kit and Jimmy Bain’s bass. Maybe even add some subtle keys. Then shove it through Lurssen or T-RackS 5 One. Maybe even iZotope 8 Advanced. Hell: must be some vocalists around here that would be prepared to lend their voices and collaborate??? You know: maybe do a Metal Allegiance type trip??? “We have the technology...” as Gary Moore would say!!!

You know: we could even take this further and make a video. Everyone does their bit and I’ll stitch it all together nice in MAGIX Vegas Pro???

I may not be the greatest guitarist but this sh*t I can do (production). And well too given half the chance.

So c’mon. Whadda ya all say huh??? Any takers??? LLL???

P.S.

Vocalists don’t be afraid of the challenge (if LLL is game) i.e. Dio’s voice isn’t that prominent in this thing so nothing to worry about!!! LOL!!!

P.P.S.

Must be a sign. This post pushed me to “Toneologist”!!! LOL!!!

P.P.P.S.

C’mon. Let’s start “Bringing Back The Balls To Rock” (Lordi).

See what this sh*t does to me first thing in the morning??? LOL!!!

P.P.P.P.S.

This not a widely covered song either just by the way. Could end up with a sh*tpile of hits on YouTube if done proper???

Also not a Dio song per se so appeals to a much wider audience (sad but true!!! LOL!!!).

P.P.P.P.P.S.

Would be a collaboration of a collaboration. Has that been done before??? LOL!!!

Have I made my case yet??? LOL???
              The thought crossed my mind for a collab. The logistics would be a bit complicated because if we were do it as they did (solo after solo after solo, etc ad infinitum) patched together, we would need to know exactly how many measures to lay down for the rhythm during the solo. That would probably entail people here committing to doing a pre-defined chunk. And that's just for the solos...

Comment

Originally posted by Beer$ View Post
                The backing (the drums at the very least) I recognize as being from Guitar Pro 6 software. I can sing Dio style pretty well.
                You got it - the drums and bass are ripped from a GP6 tab! With a little DAW massaging of course (my usual M.O. for backings). The funny thing is, someone went to the trouble to tab out *all* of the solos... quite the piece of work they did. And they're accurate, too.

Comment

Originally posted by dpaterson View Post
                  Oh yes. Oh yes. Oh yes.

Love that tone.
                  I dig the tone too - I was futzing more with my Ronnie LeTekrø tone (fine tuning) and after jamming with that a while, decided on a whim to try laying down a quick "Stars" backing.

Aside from a few dBs change in the (DAW) EQ and turning off the Eventide, it's the same tone - SH-5 equipped guitar into cranked Marshall plexi boosted by an MXR 6 band EQ set flat with only 800Hz cranked (+18dB)... running into DAW using Celestion G12 65 iRs, etc...

And yes, pretty much MIDI ripped from a GP6 tab with some massaging. Not the greatest but sounds better than raw.

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
                    The thought crossed my mind for a collab. The logistics would be a bit complicated because if we were do it as they did (solo after solo after solo, etc ad infinitum) patched together, we would need to know exactly how many measures to lay down for the rhythm during the solo. That would probably entail people here committing to doing a pre-defined chunk. And that's just for the solos...
                    So is that a "yes" then??? LOL!!!

Listen up: there's a particular thread where some are boasting about their music theory knowledge and how to communicate all this stuff to band members. So: let 'em put their money where their mouths are??? LOL!!! Yeh. I'm just being facetious I know. But still something to think about.

And it doesn't have to be OVER complicated with like a gazillion rhythm and solo tracks. We can double some of them you know!!! LOL!!! C'mon. I'm sure we can do this.

I really think it'd be real interesting and a really nice and fun project (more than fun actually i.e. could amount to something and I HONESTLY believe this).

Also: I'm not trying to do this to get in on the action as a musician/guitarist so that needs to be clear. I don't think I'm up to scratch guitar wise to contribute. So as I said: not my reasoning at all for suggesting this. I'd rather take our resident experts and put it all together nice and professional (if I'm the one to do it as noted).

Also: I do realize that I have more time on their hands than most. So if I were to drive this I'd try to make it as streamlined and as non intrusive as possible on people's time.

All I can say is that for me and given the Dio link: it'd be a labor of love for me to do this.

And just think of the learning possibilities for all??? How many people have attempted to do this across continental lines??? We could discuss the video aspects, tone aspects, mixing and mastering, you name it. And we have the technology as I said.

On the other hand: maybe I'm not the right chap to do this. I'm certainly willing to try but maybe there's somebody out there with more experience and has done this sh*te before and is keen??? Maybe it's something you YOURSELF would rather do??? I'm just FINE with that. If nothing else: I'd just like to be given the opportunity to comment on the final quality is all i.e. I got very good ears and an acute sense of timing (and let's face it: not to blow my own horn here but when it comes to anything Dio related I think you'd be hard pressed to find somebody that knows their oats better than I when it comes to what things SHOULD sound like).

So is that a "yes" then??? LOL!!!

Comment

I dig it! I cant say I can 100% follow your convos (not being native english speaker), but I am starting to get the point! This sounds amazing. LLL man you really know your stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by greekdude View Post
                        I dig it! I cant say I can 100% follow your convos (not being native english speaker), but I am starting to get the point! This sounds amazing. LLL man you really know your stuff!
                        But I take it you will contribute a guitar track right??? LOL!!!

Comment

To encourage and wet some appetites here's the drum track using Vinnie's kit in BFD3.

Downloaded some or the other tab from Ultimate Guitar, pulled into GP7, exported to MIDI, pulled into Mixcraft Pro Studio 8.1, loaded BFD3 with Vinnie's kit, randomized ("humanized") the velocities, slapped Neutron 2 Advanced onto the track using "Added Snap" preset, and rendered to 44.1kHz/32-bit WAV file, then converted to MP3 44.1kHz/16-bit MP3 in SoundForge Pro 12. Obviously this just for demo. purposes i.e. the original WAV file is like 152MB big so that would have to be uploaded for collaboration for download.

Also happened to notice there are a sh*tpile of bars before the drum track even starts so there's that.

P.S.

Listening to that on my Alto PA with 2 x subs. It doesn't get more real than this short of having Vinnie sitting in here!!!

P.P.S.

And at 88.2kHz or 96kHz it's really pristine (reverb tails etc. are crystal clear and loads more air).

Anyways. If we were to do this then I reckon the drum track needs to be the yardstick/baseline right (that's the reason I'm banging on about the drum track)??? Also: the original tab/MIDI would have to be used in the beginning for the intros. right???
                          Last edited by dpaterson; 02-18-2019, 03:06 AM.

Comment

Alright. For those not sure what we're on about here follows three videos. For those interested: actually WATCH them as in ANALYSE them. I'm not seeing the problem here. Not with all the talent on these forums. And not with the technology that we have at our disposal (which they did NOT have at the time might I remind everyone).

First (below) is "the making of" really (gives me chills to watch it I'll tell ya).
                            Second is the final version or product.
                            Third is the Metal Allegiance collaboration of "We Rock" (which I've posted before i.e. this just an example of what we can accomplish here).

Just one thing that's kinda obvious to me though: it's the vocals that can make or break this idea.

Comment

Final version or product:

Comment

Working...
                              X