• Show
Clear All

• Re: I Can Haz Hearing Aid?

More solos and vocals coming in!

Comment

Brad gillis : https://soundcloud.com/geodimitri/ge...gillis/s-MnC4v

by Dimitris!
      Last edited by greekdude; 03-10-2019, 03:22 AM.

Comment

Good morning.

Thank you for that. I've listened to it. Very nice and great tone too. Have just downloaded it. Will put it together with the rest of the stuff that we have and see how things stand.

Comment

Here's the latest installment!!! LOL!!!

It's quite a thing to get all of the different guitar solos to the same perceived level I'll you. But I'm getting there. This not too bad. Three files: normal, mastered with Lurssen, and mastered with TRackS-5. Take you pick.

Normal:

Lurssen:

TRackS-5:

Comment

perfect... we are only short of 1-2 solos + vocals! I like the last version better, but got no headphones at the moment to listen more carefully.

Comment

How’re you doing???

The last one is pushed a bit much I think to be honest i.e. it may only sound great because it’s louder is all.

But (to all) bear in mind I’m still having to work with .MP3 files here to begin with. And secondly, because LLL’s rhythm guitar part includes a backing track, the backing track itself is being panned which doesn’t really work nice (not to mention the distortion contained in that track). But yeh: if we can get all the solos done then I can ask for the original .WAV files and start working on this proper (there’s a lot to be done to make it a pristine and professional grade mix and master). Maybe at that point we’ll get some vocals in???

The above all being said: I personally think it’s come together nice thus far.

P.S.

Don’t forget there’s some outtro. solos as well (at the end of the song) (obviously).
              Last edited by dpaterson; 03-11-2019, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Brad Gillis, more correct version of his solo by Dimitris (geodimitri) :
                I made this recording for a collaboration on Seymour Duncan Forum. I recorded Brad Gillis awesome solo, hope you like it. Here is the forum's post. https://www.seymourduncan.com/forum/showthread.php

pls use this!

Comment

Vivian Campbell by Bill Trantos :

Comment

Here you go:

No mastering done i.e. just levels matched.

Comment

this is just great!

Comment

I'm uploading...

Comment

Here's the .wav files. The only DAW processing on these is speaker iR & EQ. Tweaked EQ for a little more "metal" tone.

There's a good bit of silence at the beginning because I recorded from the very beginning (synth + clean guitar) in hopes you
                          should be able to just drop it in and it would line up perfectly. Although panned, they're all 100% mono so grab what you need.

Rhy 1 (L):

Rhy 2 (R):

Rhy Xtra (C):

Last edited by LLL; 03-11-2019, 06:54 PM.

Comment

last vivian campbell solo : again by Giorgos gvour : https://soundcloud.com/greekdude888/gvour-vivian-last

Comment

2ns Neal Schon by Dimitris : https://soundcloud.com/geodimitri/neal-schon-2nd-solo

Comment

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

Comment

Working...
                                X